Your First Transfomers Experience

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Maskie, May 9, 2009.

1. Maskie

Maskie New Member

What got us started into the Transformers series?

For me it was the very first Beast Wars toys I ever got. I was about six or seven. It was the Optimus Bat and Crocotron two pack. They were made before the show ever started, so primal was a fruit bat and megatron was a crocodile. I remember my mom was a little hesitant to buy them for me but I had to ask her real nice. Then I noticed these"Beast Wars" had a cartoon and I watched and got hooked.

2. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I first watched G1 back in the middle of Season 1. I was instantly hooked even though I didn't have G1 toys on my own until toward the end of Season 2 when my parents thought I was old enough to play with them. My first TFs were Bumblebee and Grimlock and its a shame how much abuse I put them through.

3. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

My mom got all excited when we first saw the movie trailer in theaters. Yep. All of the trailers got me excited and I loved the movie.. ^^

4. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    My second big Brother. Everytime I would come into his room, he was watching Trasnformers episodes or Transformers: The Movie on a VHS he recorded. I would always try to sit down and watch it with him, but he'd shoo my out of the room as I was invading his personal space.

From there, my sibblings and I just watched the series whenever it would show up on TV (Channel 45 or 54) On Saturdays, which lead to Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Transformers Armada, and Trasnformers Animated. My little brother owned a Soundwave toy he got from a second-hand store, which ended all broke up when he was done with it, and he the luck of owning a Tarantulus toy from McDolands or Burger King, whichever, which managed to stay in one piece.

5. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

First episode of trans I ever seen I thought it was awesome and always loved it.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First real exposure was watchng "The Gambler" on television in early 1985.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My first experience was seeing the toys in stores, and reacting in an indifferent manner. Having being previously exposed to transforming robots via Gundam and Macross, I wasn't really taken with these 'Transformers'. Later, I picked up an issue of the Marvel G1 comic - one of those featuring the Mayhem Attack Squad - and was instantly hooked. Primarily because these robots, unlike those from Gundam and Macross, were SENTIENT, and amazing characters in their own right. The backstory surrounding them was just so rich. This brought me running back to my local toyshop, and Octopunch became my first TF purchase. The rest is history. :D 

8. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

The first episode I ever saw was the one that introduced the Insecticons,and the first toy I had was Ravage and whoever was packed with him. I don't remember which happened first,though.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    first episode of beast wars, i was hooked after that

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ouch it's more years ago than I can properly remember.

But way way way back when rocking meant having big hair a local TV station showed both Transformers and GI Joe. So as soon as me and brothers got off the school bus we'd jog up the driveway so we could watch GI Joe and Transformers after school.

I think that's why the original theme songs to Transformers and GI Joe bring back such memories. Wasn't such a bad time to be a kid when you could look forward to cool cartoons after school.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I was a little boy in the 80s.

Honestly, I don't remember my first Transformer experience. The earliest one I have is playing with Windcharger and Gears while watching MASH in the basement. But that wasn't the first time I'd ever played with them, as I know that I had Gears for awhile before I got Windcharger.