Your first love

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blur3479, Sep 10, 2011.

1. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    Who was she/ he and who did you feel about her/him.

I would say, currently it's this girl named Noelle, and we talk on a constant basis and we're the best of friends, but haven't thought about a BF/GF situation up until the sixth grade. Now were about to go separate ways heading into high school. I want to make a move but don't want to ruin our friendship.

That pretty much sums it up

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Are you talking about actual love, or just our first GF/BF?

3. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    First actual love

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    It helps to share a story in your original post. It will encourage others to SHARE when they see you SHARE.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Someone is going to post a picture of their hand. I just know it.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Nobody. I don't give a damn about love or making babies.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A girl I met in the first week of university. Asked her out 3 months later, proposed to her when we graduated and now we've been married for almost 2 years. I had it a lot easier than most people :lol 

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My first love... well, don't know if I'd call her that since we were both young, we grew apart and ended up having a falling out. We tried to make it work again, it didn't work.

Not really something I'm comfortable with sharing. Hopefully some of the happily married members can share something more uplifting.

EDIT: Thank you, doomboy!

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I guess I will leave my sense of humor at the door, anyway, her name was Heather. The first girl I really loved and she said the same about me. We dated for over a year, went everywhere together, had most of my friends mad because of that so, they tagged along after that.

Only one problem, I was a freshman, she was a senior. I guess that was the reason why she ended up cheating on me for months and broke my heart in the process. I guess I should've seen it coming, too much of a good thing. It was a long time before I felt the same way about a girl again, I married that girl. :) 

First time was a disaster, many, many girlfriends in between and the long road to love was worth it.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I'm probably wrong, but doesn't the age difference and the fact that you were both minors make that rape?

11. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had crushes but was never allowed to pursue them... then I started college but I'm going to wait till i move out of my parent's house...

12. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    You are. If she was 18 then, that's a different story. Both being minors = no rapey.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was actually my first and last love, as I've since 'come out' as an aromantic asexual and don't get into relationships any more...

Kelly lived on the same floor as me in the (co-ed) dorms my first year of college. She was very cute, we got along great and became quite close...but she didn't see me as anything more than a friend and confidante. We stayed close even when she did start seeing someone, though I never got along with her boyfriend, and helped each other through a lot of difficult times over the first couple of years of college. We did end up fooling around a little, although nothing serious, and nothing ever came of it since she moved across the country to another university shortly thereafter. We kept in touch off-and-on until I moved to the States and lost touch entirely. Several months ago, I noticed her on Facebook, said hi and we sent a few messages back and forth, although it had been so long since we'd talked that we weren't very familiar with each other any more and eventually dropped off contact again. Looking back on it, it definitely wasn't the healthiest relationship anyways. I was more hoping she'd change her mind and become interested in me than actually being a friend and she was using my feelings to string me along and manipulate me a little (one of our mutual friends flat-out told me that's what she was doing, alhough I didn't believe it at the time).

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My first love was a wasted period of four years with nothing good to truly look back on.

Bitter? Of course.

15. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had female friends in the past and I admit there was a couple of them I wanted to be more than friends. But it did'nt work out.

But I was friends with them when they wasn't dating and seeing nobody. But when they started dating, I broked off the friendship, I did'nt want some jealous dude on my back. Now she might tell you that he is not like that, but I say bullshit on that.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Okay bro, so you're like... 14? You have to decide whether or not a chance of being "with" her means more to you than being her friend. If you're already going your separate ways, get it off your chest, if it works out, it works out, if not, you'll be able to move on without wondering what if.

In either case, you're young, got plenty of time and chances ahead of you, so keep that in mind.

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    My first and only true love is my wife of 9 years. I had gone on a few dates before I met her, but nothing that was serious enough to call love.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  18. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

My fantastic husband!

19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My first love was a disaster :lol . But we were in high school and he was my best friend too, those are the best relationships in my opinion. But you know ask her if she wants to take it further, if not just stick to being friends.

20. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Can't say love plays a major role in my life, but every single girl I've shown any interest in has turned out to be into other chicks. So I'm more or less turned off from the sort of thing, at least for the time being.