Your first comeback toy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shockwave9227, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When you came back to collecting TFs, what was the first one you bought? When my interest sparked again, I bought Generations Dirge.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a Generations toy. I forget exactly what it was. I think Drift and Blurr. (I bought them at the same time)

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

After Energon made me loose interest in the toyline, I regained interest when the first movie started showing up in theatres. I also thought the concept of an evil police car was friggin AWESOME, so I bought a Barricade first chance I got. He was the one that got me back into TF's, really.

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    It was a set, RID Optimus Prime and Ruination! Never regretted it, especially since RID Prime really redefined Prime figures since then with it's overall articulation and armor upgrade transformation.

5. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Alternator Hound, back in 2005.

6. mjcrow

mjcrow Well-Known Member

G1 Shockwave

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I bought BW Transmetal 2 Cheetor and Dinobot on a whim when they were on shelves, but what got me back into collecting full time was he RiD Car Brothers. Saw them, bought them, immediately got hooked.

8. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Moderator

News Credits:
    Well after G1 it was when I bought Beast Wars Megatron then BM happened... Then it was Movie Line Leader Screamer and HA Jazz on clearance... Thank god there are no collectors in my area and my local stores are over stocked and I was able to pick up all the leader figures and most HA on discount. Though DTOM line may kill it if there is not a follow up line with some much desired figures.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Cryotek

10. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I saw part of an episode of Armada, which prompted me to check out Toys R Us to see what modern TFs looked like. I didnt buy an Armada toy that day, but instead found Hasbro Commemorative Reissue Starscream. :D 

11. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine was way late in ROTF with ROTF Preview Deluxe Bumblebee. I simply had to get a toy of a main character. I was blown away at how far engineering had gone. Next I got Optimus, then Sideswipe, then Starscream, then Megatron, then Scouts Depthcharge and Ransack, then Long Haul, and then I discovered online figure shopping and I haven't slowed down since.

12. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    MIB G1 Prime off eBay

13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Hmm, I think it was BW Manterror. Then I stopped again during the unicron trilogy (only got Vector Prime) then started again with Animated and a few classics. Haven't stopped since.

14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    ROTF Ravage. The floodgates opened up right then and there.

15. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i was finished with TF since 1994. but a few years ago, i saw Omega Prime set (Rid Prime and Magnus) just stumbling online and thought how cool it would be to have them even as an adult. But i couldn't find them of course (i was naive enough about the toy sector to think i would find figures on retail a couple of years after their release). Then i give up on them, and saw the first two movies in 2007 and 2009, but didn't care much about. but one day, while i was browsing an online store for something different, i saw the Rotf Leader Optimus Prime and i thought how cool it would look on a shelf; a salute, a reference to one of my childhood heroes (i also had one single Spiderman movie figure and several Batman figures for the same reason). To be honest, i thought it was quite expensive (it was 55$ for a leader back then) for a toy, and i decided to buy only Optimus and stop right there. But i couldn't. i also wanted Ratchet, Ironhide and Bumblebee in scale. And after i got them, i stopped for a while. But then one day i saw a clearence and got several other figures too. Since then, i buy one or two figures a month. i am not much of a collector (got only 30-something figures in 2 years) but that's how i came back into fandom.

16. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I've been buying transformers for years, so I've never really had a moment of "comeback".
    But if I had to say what actually got me into collecting, like actually buying it to display it and enjoy it as an adult collectible. Was and is probably the Generations line. That was when I started taking transformers seriously.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Trailbreaker massively incomplete for $4 because i didn't have him when i was a kid, and wanted to see how he worked. he was followed by Alt Ricochet, then i was hooked

18. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Began full-on TF collecting mode with Transformers Animated Bumblebee and Jazz. They were just so nice I went on getting the rest of the Animated TFs. Two months later, Classics followed with Sunstreaker and Prowl, which prompted the back-collecting of the Classics 1.0 TFs. Fortunately, the Henkei versions were available quite easily then.

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    HFTD Hubcap :) 

... or if the gap between G2 & Beast Wars counts, Dinobot.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I left the fandom for that Energon assfest.

Returned triumphantly with TFTM Deluxe Barricade.