Your favorite under-rated moment in Transformers fiction?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bass X0, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    The music in the 1986 movie as the Decepticons were retreating after Optimus Prime and Megatron's fight.

Arcee: "The Decepticons are retreating!"
    Kup: "Prime did it, he turned the tide!"

Yet the music is not victorious. Even if you didn't know what was coming next, the music sounds sad and depressing despite the Autobots winning. You may not know Optimus Prime will die in the next scene but the music tells you that not there's still something wrong. And if you have seen the movie a hundred times, the music still never loses its impact on what is to come next.

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    When the Decepticons are running away from Autobot City. The music gets me every time.

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I still love how humans react to Soundwave and Megatron transform from their small alt mode into bot mode in G1.

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    The RID episode Skybyte saves the Day- Not only does the episodic title qualify but Optimus pretty much whooping Ruination by flip kicking and blating him and Scourge who got trashed hard.
    A very underrated episode .

5. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love that piece of music. I'm sure I heard it the other day on a TV programme. Was it part of the music sourced from contemporary bands, and if so, who?

6. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Carnivac and catilla taking out Skids "dream mosters" in the G1 marvel comic, just makes me smile every time.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Superlink, episode 6 ("Resurrection! Galvatron") when Galvatron emerges from the dead husk of Super Megatron and proceeds to curb stomp Megazarak. The entire sequence is great, Galvatron is giving a philosophical debate about how you can tell you're alive and what that means as he's beating Megazarak, while Megazaraks voice actor sounds like they were actually curb stomping him in the studio, at the end it sounds like he's gurgling on his own blood.

Energon takes out all of the philosophy, shortens the fight (as it uses unfinished animation), and the cries from Scorponok are fewer and way toned down. So, pretty much par for the course.

8. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

In comic format, in the dreamwave Armada comic, when Optimus arives to the dead world... just...geeze

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

that bloodbath at the beginning of the 1986 movie on the shuttle when brawn, prowl, ironhide, and ratchet all fall.

10. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Without a doubt Scorponok's death in the old G1 comic, he developed a mutual respect for Optimus Prime and even a friendship towards the end, saying he would be proud to fight along side him and even going so far as to confess his fear of death to Prime. And for so long the villian, he died a hero defending Cybertron from Unicron, overcoming his fears of his own mortality and the planet eater, summoning up his courage as a Decepticon to face him. His final moments with Optimus Prime there consoling him as he passed, were actually a pretty emotional read for me back in the day. :( 

11. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Yeah, same here. I kind of get the shivvers thinking about it. I haven't read the old Marvel comics in years. Might be time to dust them of and reading them again soon.

12. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I agree, this was a really emotional scene for me when I was younger, as Scorponok was one of my favorite leaders. I didn't quite like the "Did I do good?" thing he said as he died, but seeing him finally gain the confidence to be leader only to be blasted by Unicron was really touching.

13. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Issue 84 of the UK Marvel comic. The final page where Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr arrive back from the future. The caption running through that page.

"They pause frozen by a laugh that begins deep in their subconscious. Haunting, malevolent, it comes from beyond time, beyond space. It echoes off a deserted coal mine base, reverberates off the surface of Cybertron and finally reaches Galvatron. And the sudden chill he feels, owes little to the climate."

That entire page is a beautifully painted work of art, illustrated by Geoff Senior. The look in Galvatron and Cyclonus' eyes paired with that final line has chilled me every time I read it in the last 25 years.

The previous issue where Galvatron reveals to Jazz that he is Megatron totally blew my ten year old mind back in 86. I hadn't seen the movie at that stage. Nothing in print or on screen has ever shocked me like that to this day.

Also love where Spike reveals to Sparkplug that he's bonded to Fortress Maximus in the Marvel comics. i love thet "tracing the call" line.

Slog's contemplation of the impending attack on the Decepticon controlled US. "Another day will any of us see?" I like his sing song Yoda like dialogue like Weirdwolf.

Which reminds me:

Weirdwolf - "Destroy the Autobots I shall, nice that would certainly be!"

Skullcruncher - "Grrr, I hope you shoot straighter than you think, Weirdwolf!"

Megatron's battle with Predaking

"I am Predaking, the most powerful hunting machine in the galaxy and you little robot are my prey!"

"I am noone's prey. I am Megatron. The Conquerer!"

Predaking towers over Megatron whose already lost half his face and his fusion cannon, undaunted. He goes on to defeat the giant gestalt. As a kid, that was my defining Megatron moment.

Of course, i also liked that scene in the 86 movie where near death, and in the presence of the planet size Unicron, he's still defiant with the classic line, "Nobody summons Megatron!"

14. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Starscream's final stand in the Armada episode "Cramp". If the entire series had been handled better, that episode would probably be up there with "Code of Hero".

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I dunno, many people consider that he highlight of Armada.

For me my favourite moment that is underrated.

Pretty much Animated Megatron kicking skidplate in any episode of Transformers Animated.