Your Favorite Transformer DESIGN?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by azmoday, Aug 31, 2008.

1. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

G1 Wheeljack

2. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i like lio convoy's. his transformation is very unique in that his beast modes head becomes his shoulder, sure okay a few others have this, but his is still he is standing up its just that his shoulders rotate to become his back. plus he has arm mounted missle launchers and underneathe them 2 blades on each side.

3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    the TF with the coolest look/design IMO?

G1 Shockwave

4. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Hot Rod/Rodimus is probably my all-time favorite. He has a nice body design, head design, and color scheme (I mean the red-orange-yellow scheme, not so much the magenta). Just a great look overall.

IDW Blurr is another good one. Guido took the original G1 design and made a slick modern update. I'd kill to see him in animation sometime.

5. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    G.2 Obliterator Pyro.

6. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I gotta tell you, I'm a fan of the Bayverse designs. Back when BW came out, and then BM, I drew these weird TF's in my notebooks that were all alien looking and had TONS of parts (I felt that if a vehicle or an animal was gonna shapeshift, it was gonna take a TON of energy, work and parts to do so).

But depending on the continuity...
    G1: TopSpin and TwinTwist. Cool concept. Could have been developed further. Why don't we have rev-up TF's that transform (more complexely) nowdays?
    G2: N/A
    BW: Freaking everything. Japanese BW, Transmetals...everything. Toywise and cartoon design wise, it was all freaking awesome. I especially loved anything that turned into a dinosaur. Hence why I am named Emperor Dinobot. Well, Magmatron was a bit strange, since his individual modes didn't turn into anything.
    BM: Everything!!!
    RiD: Galvatron! Penta-former! omfg! That takes imagination to make a TF that turns into all sorts of animals, Robot, and a HAND OF DOOM! Like in Zelda...eesh.
    Armada: Minicons. As toys, they were WAY better than their adult 'masters'. More articulated, pocket sized, some were triple formers, etc. Awesome stuff.
    Energon: Eh...I kinda bought most of that line's Decepticons, but I sold them later...They had some really cool designs overall, though.
    Cybertron: Sideways. Can't argue there. AND PRIMUS. What an excellent toy. Detailed, full of features...omfg.
    Animated: Not a fan. But I liked how the toys were almost 100% accurate to the cartoon designs. That was really good.
    Movieverse: Jazz. Can't say why. He just touches my heart. The toy, not so much. Thankfully we have HA Jazz. But still isn't good enough IMHO.
    Prime: n/a