Your Favorite Transformation

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JetRaid, Aug 24, 2009.

1. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I love it when a TF smashes his fists into the grounds and transforms its awesome!

Whats your fave?

2. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Most Transformations look awesome, especially in More than meets the eye.

In Bay's movies, theyre great always, specially Barricade's in front of Sam, Bumblebee when he is about to fight Barricade, the autobots in front of Sam and Mikaela, anyway, all of them.

In ROTF...dont remember much of it now....

3. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Unicron's transformation in the '86 movie, and anytime a combiner team merges. Prime's transformation in the '07 movie before he fights bonecrusher is pretty sweet too

4. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

G1 Megatron's stock transforming footage from the old cartoon. There's something absurdly cool about it.

Also all the transforming sequences in TF:Victory. They're awesome. You can also start and complete War & Peace during a few of them.

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The 'detailed' Wheeljack transformation in MTMTE, when they were prepared to put effort into the animation
    Galaxy Force Signal Lancer
    Movie Prime's first transformation
    Animated Megatron's stock earth-mode transformation

6. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I think it's the fact that he leaps into the air, somersaults, and throws his arms back while doing it. It's very acrobatic.

The scene in the outro for G1 season 1 when Starscream takes a few steps away from the camera, then gives a little hop up as he transforms and flies off is also very cool.

Bonecrusher on the highway in TF Bay-movie 1 always looks spectacular to me. The camera moving up underneath him as he does so, as well as the sequence with his arms flopping out and tearing the asphalt up before he segues into his skating motion is just great.

In RiD, I always liked Scourge's for some reason. Very solid and intimidating. Sky-Byte in the intro when he comes crashing down from the sky into the water and takes that disk-thing in his mouth also has a good directional flow.

- Coeloptera

7. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher's on the Highway and Prime's when he enters Mission City

8. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Dinobot's in Beast Wars, how he flails his arms and head back going to robot mode.
    Prime's transformation freefall.
    RiD, Onslaught repaint (can't remember his name), I liked how his fists shot out of the truck.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another great one was Hot Shot in the first episode of Energon. It cheats a bit, because he does a good chunk of it offscreen. But it's done as he's racing towards the viewer at full speed, then as he starts transforming, stomps a foot into the ground to give a solid flying leap off the frame, then he lands and skids to a halt very dynamically.

There was some pretty cool stuff in the first bit of Energon, some very iconic scenes. Then it floundered and failed miserably, and the odd bits of cool faded from memory.

But yes, the transformations in the live action movies were unmistakably cool, whether the movies themselves did anything for you or not. It was the first time I really felt that transformation was a part of their nature, like running or jumping are for us. Most of the really cool ones are when they're constantly in motion, like Barricade's flying leap where he transforms in mid-air and then hits the gas without skipping a beat, or any of Starscream's transformations in the first movie, where he switches to robot mode in a split second to rapidly adjust his trajectory and cause some mayhem, then suddenly he's boosting in another direction in jet mode at high speeds. It's just absolutely exhilarating to watch.

10. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

G1 Prime's. Just looks good and quite close to what the toy actually did (fists aside). I also liked the RID ones where the head was the final thing to shoot into place. I also tend to get one of the musical stings from RID in my head when I transform anything to robot mode.

11. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i'd have to say prime in the '07 movie when he talked i got goosebumps. and also barricade because he is my favorite muscle car a mustang

12. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blackout transforming from his Pave Low helicopter mode into his robot mode (the very first transformation in the live action film series) and then proceeding to destroy the Soccent Military Base was so...so...EPIC!!

Movie Jazz breakdancing from his Pontiac Solstice mode into robot mode. That was straight up gangsta'.

Bonecrusher transforming from his Buffalo mode into robot mode while still driving down the highway.

When Megatron and Starscream reunite in front of Hoover Dam, they do that whole crazy transforming air show.

Every transformation sequence in the live action movies is a masterpiece in it's own right.

13. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

I liked Sideswipe's transformation in ROTF.

14. LordOptimus

LordOptimus Prime

For me....G1 Optimus Prime's transformation.
    ....shocker, right?

I do also love G1 Metroplex's transformation too. It was always one of my favorite things to watch. On VHS, I sometimes would keep rewinding the tape to watch him transform over and over.

Come to think of it, if anyone ever takes over making Transformers movies, I hope to soon see G1 Metroplex and Tripticon battle it out, along with some combiners, and of course the Dinobots as well. That would rock for me.

15. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Everyone is gay for Sideswipe.

Everyone.

It really was a nice transformation, considering how he segued into that skim around the corner.

- Coeloptera

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Barricade's transformations in the 07 Movie were awesome! So was Prime's transformations in both movies.

17. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

we talking toys or show/movie?

18. AMG

AMG Old School

Out of all the TFs I've seen over the years, Unicron in the original movie is the most memorable. I sat there in the movie theater in complete awe as a kid.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always loved the 'roll call' Transform animation from MTMTE, especially how they were moving more or less in sync with the 'notes' of the standard TF noise. It really added an air of believability hardly anyone has matched since.

20. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Prime's last run ('86)
    The Autobots' arrival in the ('07) film. The sound of Prime's wheels locking into place still makes my heart skip a beat.
    Sideswipe ('09)
    Honorable mentions: SDF-1 (Macross), Castle of Lions (Voltron)

But my favorite has to be Barricade transforming into car mode during the chase scene in the '07 film.