Your favorite transformation sound

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AutobotMarine, Jul 16, 2008.

1. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    So this question's never been asked before, but which transformation sound do you like the best?

My most favorite goes to the G1 transformation sound, followed by the Armada and Cybertron transformation sounds.

The G1 sound is easily recognizable, most TF series have it. This sound was also used for RID, a bit in TFTM '07, and Animated.

Beast Wars seems to have a mixture of multiple sounds that made up for a transformation, none in which sound unique though This also applies to Beast Machines.

Armada's transformation sound was a mixture between the G1 and a bit of the new. Not as good, but still good.

Energon's transformation sound was used about halfway through Armada, and also happens to sound similar. But not as good.

Cybertron's transformation sound had a "hit metal" or "realistic transformation ligaments" kind of sound, which does happen to sound realistic.... yet also pretty neat.

TF1's transformation sound had sounds for every part of the Transformer's body, which in some cases.... some of the sounds are unique, though when Blackout transformed the first time; he also had the G1 transformation scene along with that. A neat touch if I'd say so myself. ;) 

So this is my little elaborate comment about that here, what do you guys think?

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

The original transformation sound doesn't sound anything like shifting parts. More like some kind of sound signature during transformation - for that matter I like the movie's sounds and how the original transformation sound was worked in a couple of times.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    My fav is Geewun. Though the Movie's definitely gets props for sounding more 'realistic'.

4. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I like G1's sound best. I'm not too familiar with the others. I watched a little be of Cybertron, but didn't attending to the sound much. I think G1 is classic and distinct. When you hear that sound you know what just happened - someone transformed. I think it can work for movie Transformers too, it's just the transformations will have to happen a smidge faster, like when Blackout transforms in the street.

5. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    G1 all the way. I still make the noise from time to time when transforming figures.

6. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

G1 hands down.

It may not be the most "realistic" take on moving parts and metal, but it's such a unique and distinctive sound. It's like the auditory equivalent of the Bat-symbol. The second you hear it you know exactly what it is without looking. It's a transformer transforming!

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I disagree completely on the BW part. Each TF had a unique and personalized TF sound that every time you heard it, you knew who it was. Primal had the flip noise of his head, and the acompanying footsteps as his legs rotated. Megatron had the heavy clangs and klunks of heavy mechanics of a large robot. Smaller characters like Rattrap had moving sounds similar to small servos or hydraulics. And as the characters became more"advanced" their noises would take on a mechanical flanging sort of like the ones used on the voices of G1 TFs. Beast wars had the best TF sounds.

BM however did have more undefinable noises. You had the glowing sound and randomizedmechanicalnoises. Only Rattrap had the engine rev noise to set him apart, but even the vehicons had no memorable distinction. (though Megatron kept the TF noise his TM2 body had in BW)

In order of my favourite to worst IMO:

BW
    Movie (again, attention to individualization between characters TF sound while throwing in the G1 sound now and again for the other characters)
    Animated
    G1
    RID
    BM
    Anything else
    A/E/C (hated the "modernized" version of the G1 TF sound)

8. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Animated and RID all had the same G1 transformation sound. The A/E/C sounds were made to make the transformation sounds feel more "realistic" than the G1 sounds. Though BW was pretty realistic too.

9. Julliant

Can we talk about the voice effects as well? I hated the AEC voice effects - that really, really simple robotic echo applied to the voices. They tried to do something like the movie I suppose, but didn't have the juice.

10. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    The robotic echo wasen't such a big problem, though does Animated have the same effect? The movie TF only had deep voices. :lol 

11. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

This.

12. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    G1 all the way, with Beast Wars coming at a close second.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    RID used the sound, but often added mechanical noises "behind" it. I felt I should list them separately since they all used them differently. (so I ordered them in which I liked it's use most)

Actually, the only TF sound I didn't liek was teh modernized/realistic version of teh classic sound from A/E/C.

Animated has it, but it's a lot more well implemented like in G1. Movie had it too, just only in different pitches for characters. They all had deep voices to help amplify the giantness of the character compared to humans. (except Frenzy, who was small so he had the jittery, fast talking high voice as he cursed out humans in his own language.)

14. Julliant

Yea but I felt the AEC one's weren't well implemented. Animated and G1 were very subtle, movie ones were well-done. It's the stereotypical characteristics of robots - blockiness with the echo-y voice.

15. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Well at times, the little echo sound did get on my nerves; especially with characters like Thunderblast.

16. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

I love Soundwave's voice, if that counts....

Otherwise, I love when they transform.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    g1 by far

18. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

G1 of course, and without the word "transform".

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yes. The G1 Sound is iconic with Transformers. I don't mind command codes, as long as they're not just "transform" or said every freaking time they change.

20. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This.