Your favorite MTMTE "re-characterized" character?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by RogueRunner, Jun 27, 2014.

1. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Whirl. he's gone from typical Furman Wrecker Gun Nut, to my Sociopathic Spirit Animal.

2. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Obvious answers are Whirl, Skids, Cyclonus, Drift, Tailgate, etc. Star Saber could be interesting, but kind of isn't yet. I'm very much enjoying Roberts's take on Megatron, too, which has been consistently fantastic since Chaos Theory.

3. Azvee

Azvee Member

While all of them should be the correct answer, my current fav is going to have to be Tailgate. The way that Roberts redefined his naive nature from thinking earth cars were all alive to essentially making him into a child was really clever. He's a little bot in an old body with no real life experience trying to fake his way through life.

4. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Gouf Troop

Star Saber, despite him utterly being wasted as a character.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I've been reading the IDW comics for the past... Well I read AHM in 2012, but I went to the start in 2013... but skipped over Infiltration since I read it in 09...

Anyway, the important thing is, I love 'em... No I don't, they're rubbish... Well, varying with more bad than good...

My point is, I've caught up with MTMTE and love it. It's the only genuinely good TF fiction from the last few years and I wanted to join in the discussion.

My personal favorite re-characterization is Ultra Magnus. I'm not certain why. I already liked him from earlier IDW comics but I started to really love him in MTMTE. Maybe it's because of how funny his OCD is? Maybe it's because I like the Big Bang Theory and he reminds me of Sheldon Cooper? Maybe I just like OCD characters? I don't know. I just love Roberts' Magnus.

6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Swerve. I always look forward to his next scene. I find him as amusing as Spike was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Though obviously Whirl is closer in character.

Skids. He's basically the Pretender. "Skids and Swerve. Skids and Swerve..." Sing it to the tune of the old Spiderman song.

Whirl.

Trailbreaker. Always liked the old bot. He just seemed like an allround nice guy in the old cartoon and I always feel for him with his self loathing.

Ultra Magnus

Rodimus

As many have stated above, most of the characters are excellently portrayed. I'm hoping Bluestreak will get some nice characterisation. I do like the mnemosurgeon aspect added to Chromedome. I always thought he was one of the most horribly designed G1 Transformers but Roberts has actually made him a well rounded, likeable character.

I have to say I don't like Tailgate. I've never really liked faceplates and visors. I just find the lack of expression takes away from the characters.

7. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet

Skids

Ultra Magnus

Personally I would like to the newbies on the Lost Light see how spins them

I love Misfire

Spinister

8. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

The biggest oh my god moment was the origin of Shockwave. Knowing that there is a reason behind his cold logic.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh yeah that was good too.

10. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

Rewind

11. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Swerve, Whirl, Brainstorm, Cyclonus, Ultra Magnus... But I could have happily done without the whole Minimus Ambus deal.

12. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Just about all of them.

13. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    My top favorites are Cyclonus and Megatron.

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I don't like how different Spinister is. I'd be okay if the same characterisation was given to a nobody or if there is a reason why Spinister is acting this way.