Your favorite MTMTE "re-characterized" character?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by RogueRunner, Jun 27, 2014.

1. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

In my opinion, one of the things that makes MTMTE a brilliant comic is James Roberts' ability to take lesser-known, obscure, and B & C list characters and bring them to the forefront (think Skids, Trailcutter, Swerve, Whirl, Rewind, Tailgate, etc) through plenty of panel time and character development.

In addition, he has given us some awesome original characters in this continuity with the likes of Tarn and the DJD, Tyrest, Pharma, Rung, etc.

He has also taken well-known characters and given them a makeover, either physically or in regards to personality: Fort Max, Cyclonus, Prowl, Star Saber, Overlord, just to name a few.

So my question to those of you who read MTMTE, who has been your favorite "new version" of an original character in this universe?

For some reason, Star Saber's appearances resonated most with me (He was a Japanese G1 hero, very similar to Optimus Prime in regards to being a heroic Autobot commander).
    I thought his role as a crusader/ religious fanatic was such an interesting take--giving him an evil spin. He looked so evil, menacing, and powerful the way Milne designed him. We saw how feared he was by the Lost Light members, and appeared to be very powerful in combat by striking down Dai Atlas, taking over as Tyrest's new enforecer of the Tyrest Accord, and having the ability to teleport.

So who have you been most impressed by, or disappointed with in regards to their "new characterization" ?

2. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Star Saber is very interesting to me... Skids, certainly. The new take on Cyclonus... Swerve, obviously... Brainstorm, Chromedome (the idea of a surgeon who works on memories is fascinating)...

Hell, even Rodimus, who I've never particularly cared for in any version... I like his vanity and jealousy. Much more interesting than Season 3 Rodimus Prime.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Cyclonus, Star Saber, Autobot Megatron, Whirl, Tailgate.

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    The lot.

5. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find them all very interesting. I would say Ratchet and Getaway have been more intriguing. Ultra Magnus develop to some one that force of his own.

It makes me want to see the newcomers characters. Such as Bluestreak interest in Earth culture. Hound personality to expand upon..

6. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

My favorite is Cyclonus. My least favorite is Arcee. Her IDW version is unlikeable even when I remember that all her previous reboots (aside of the TF Prime one) were terribly lacking in characterisation.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Swerve, Cyclonus and Star Saber.

8. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Skids, Whirl, and Rodimus.

She's very different from how she was in previous runs. I was surprised reading the first few issues of RiD how she behaved.

9. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    All of them.

10. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Star Saber, I LOVE the accent!

Like Dino but better!

11. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

Skids, Star Saber, Whirl

12. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Cyclonus and Whirl are probably my favorites.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Swerve, Cyclonus, Whirl, Tailgate, Drift...

aww screw it.

Everyone.

except maybe Star Saber....but that's just because their isn't enough depth to him at the moment.

14. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Cyclonus has become an amazing character. Honourable, distant, fearsome, unsure of his place in this new galaxy, he has grown into a steady, dependable, and caring individual without losing one iota of his strength and dignity. His relationship with Tailgate just keeps adding more and more depth.

Whirl...well, going from "crazy flyer" to what he is now? Loose cannon, cause of Megatron's revelation, empurata victim, former damn watchmaker, and someone who broke loose from his functionalist destiny while ironically enforcing it on other. He's now a death-wish addled, still-crazy, comedically violent mainstay of the cast.

Rodimus. I never liked Rodimus, and yet, here we are. We can finally really understand why 'bots flock to his banner. He's charismatic, bold, and acts with (outward) total surety of purpose. But he's also deeply conflicted. he does bad things. He deceives, he betrays, and he feels awful for it, but the goal is everything to him, and a noble goal is worth almost any price, even his integrity, and yet he tries so damn hard not to act like that. He's a wonderfully flawed leader.

- Coeloptera

15. sephron13

sephron13 Well-Known Member

Cyclonus, Rodimus, Ratchet and SWERVE!!

16. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Accent? What accent?

17. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus is my #1. Swerve. Overlord. Whirl. Ratchet (although that one's 'simply' influenced by his Animated and Prime versions).

18. donaldhuman

donaldhuman Maximal Defector

Star Saber's new personality reminds me a lot of the change of Optimus Primal's character between Beast Wars and Beast Machines. Take a character who is your typical good and justice guy and turn him into an obsessed zealot. Granted that actually make sense this time around because it isn't the same universe.

19. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Can I say all of them?

20. Dragonzzilla

Dragonzzilla Well-Known Member

It's easier to say which ones I don't like. Rat Trap and Jhiaxus to name two. I don't particularly care for Star Saber.