Customs: Your Favorite Molds

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I know there are several of you guys out that, while you like to have a variety of customs, you tend to use some of the same molds for many different reasons. Pretty much everyone knows I love my Alts and BTs, autobotx23 pwns the Cyb Prime mold, pk loves the Alt Jeeps, NP loves teh Animated, and REDLINE is quite fond of Universe.

So what about you? What are your favorite molds and why? Discuss!

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't been on the customs scene long, so I don't have any molds I've used repeatedly for different customs yet. Of the few that I've used for customs, I really like the Marvel Crossovers. They are possibly the dumbest thing Hasbro has created since the over-abuse of combining Autobots in Energon, but only in fiction. The toys themselves are alright for the most part, and all it takes is a new paint job and a modded head to create a figure that will fit right into any Classics collection.

3. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

You all know my favorite: the movie line. They're what got me back into transformers after Armada. I also like Beast wars, as the animals can easily modded through partswapping to form monster like creatures (ex. my terrorcons) and RID (prime kicks ass!)

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I gotta go with REDLINE on this and say Classics/Universe. I love the G1 "updated" styling and they've basically given us what we've always wanted........some of our favorite old school G1 characters, WITH ARTICULATION. Add to that the fact that they're all pretty much win and it's gold in my eyes. Energon and Cybertron also had a few good figures that I like a lot, so I'd have to say the more recent "toon" and "G1" stuff that has been out over the last few years.

Overall though, it's gotta be "Classics/Universe". It's plastic crack to me. lol (and if they haven't made what I've wanted, I've either made it myself or planned it out for future customs).

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I'm a die hard movie fan, I think the design, engineering, and detail are all top notch.
    I'm also a huge fan of the universe line, it's nice seeing great figures/characters revisited.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, SQ7 hit the nail on the head with me....I love the Alt Jeep mold....and after that, I'd have to say the Alt line as a whole.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I really like the Classics/Universe line. As for non-TF, I really like Revoltechs.

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Me too.