Your favorite kids movie that no one knows about?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hiraga, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    C`mon, we all have one. When I say 'that no one knows about', I'm obviously not serious. I'm just talking about a movie you loved as a kid that you could usually only find at a video rental store, or found at the dollar store or something like that. Something that has NEVER been popular, but you like.

I'll start. Prehysteria.

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    When I was 4 years old I have accidently seen a horrormovie which was on the videotape right after that Eddie Murphy film my sister let me see.

But I never found out which movie that was, but I like to see it again, if it still is that thrilling!

At the beginning you see an alien spaceship in space and an alien creature sends something to earth, which looks like a glass tube which contains something like black slimy worms.

That worms can enter humans or even dead bodies and control that body somehow. So under one house is a axe-murderer buried who comes out and in some place sneaks at a couple sitting in their oldtimer and he hacks them to tiny little pieces, so the seats are all covered in red.

Later that guy gets a head shot and many worms come out of his head.

And there is some guy who is in some place in school or something and talks to himself, how he changes and on the toilet he dies or something and he lets some worms free too.

Hm and all the people act somehow like zombies when they got taken over by that worms.

OK, that is not a movie for kids, but I found that film really thrilling when I was a kid and if someone maybe could tell me which movie that was?

Would be really cool...

I have seen that movie only once, 24 years ago...

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    God I loved that one.

I'll see your Prehysteria and raise you a Dragonworld.

4. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

'KRULL' - not even my parents remember seeing it, I loved it. I still see the DVD around, but my worst fear is buying it and hating it now I'm older.

[​IMG]

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Felix The Cat: The Movie (I guarantee a small number, if any, have heard of this one.) It was released in various countries, and went straight to VHS in many others. It's never received a proper DVD release (though bootlegs can be found on eBay.)

I still love it to this day. One of my absolute favorites. But then again, I've loved Felix The Cat since I was a very little kid. I'd say I was 4 the first time I watched a Felix adventure.

It's a shame he hasn't received the recognition he deserves.

Um. That isn't a kid's movie. I don't know the title, and I can honestly say I haven't seen the film, but that is not a kid's movie. And so, this post has no place in this thread.

I watched Krull for the first time, about a year ago. I didn't even remotely like it. I tried. I really did, but it just didn't work for me at all. However, you were a fan of it, that old magic might still be there. Give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Can't remember the name, but wish I could. I think it had dog or something in the title.
    It was in the 80's , on HBO I think, one of those early movies. super astro space dog , agh can't remember

It was a cartoon about a boy & his dog who visit 3 planets. Each planet they meet different alientypes and even get captured by one of them.

It was always on when Id return from family vacation, and you get that 'good to be home feeling' , and start watching tv at 6-7 am. It was somewhere between 1980-85 I think

Never Ending Story was another one

7. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

That movie is called 'Night Of The Creeps'. But, yeh, not one that should be on this thread. :thumbs2: 

8. Crombiecron

Crombiecron Planet Muncher

God bless krull, aint watched it since i was a child, and one day bout five years ago i was just sittin on the couch watchin tv with my brother and i went "ya know what i wanna watch?" and out of nowhere he just goes... "krull?" was a very spooky moment lol

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for me, The Sandlot.
    as a grown-up, it is a simple, guilty pleasure to watch.
    and hey, it's got James Earl Jones and Denis Leary!

Kids movies these days....i pity the kids, lol. (that space puppies DVD...yucky.)

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The Last Starfighter. Nobody in England saw it.

11. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

I did.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The Time Bokan animated features. Along with The Secret of NIMH.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    THIS x9000.

One of the most underrated movies, not just kids movies, ever.

14. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The Rocketeer

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

2nd'd. Found it on DVD last year and bought that sucker immediately. Not quite as good as I remembered, originally. The middle and end of the film still work well though. Even better than I remembered, it's just the first quarter of the film that really kinda bores...

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

We are legion!

17. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    H.o.l.y S.h.i.t - I have not heard that title in like forever.

I had that on VHS. It was my most watched VHS next Transformers 1986 movie and a Gi Joe/Thundercats/Centurions bumper special.

18. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Secret of NIMH - The book is 1000 times better, but the movie is still awesome. I saw the movie long before I read the book. This was one of the Don Bluth movies, he and bunch of other cartoonists dumped Disney to make their own movies. Then Disney made Little Mermaid and pretty much conered the market.

Iron Giant - This movie doesn't get the credit it derserves. Yeah its a kid movie, but the idea of "If a gun was alive, would it choose to kill" was just a great premise, a lot of people seem to not see that in the movie.

19. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Little Nemo. Anybody else remember this? Kid in his pajamas on his flying bed? I loved Little Nemo. Found it on DVD years later and was surprised that alot of TF/JOE actors were in the cast. Mickey Rooney as Flick was excellent.

Rockadoodle.

Jetsons. Crashed and burned at the box office, but I loved it.

20. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Yeah the Master Cylinder was the bad guy and they had to go through a swamp or something.. I remember it..

I wanna just add.. Surf Ninjas.. cause well.. yeah..