Your fan reaction to micheal bay's recent TF4 interview comments.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Avengers, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Here what micheal bay says below......

Why do you want to do it? I was under the impression that you were done after "Transformers 3"?
    I thought I was done. Then the ride came out [at Universal Studios Hollywood] and the two-and-a-half-hour lines. And then you're thinking, Oh my God, someone's going to take this over. And you start doing a lot of soul-searching. Like, OK, I'm about to do a little movie, "Pain & Gain" ... and the studio says they want to restart the franchise. And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know? So I'm thinking that if I do this last one, we set it on a new footing, we change a lot of things -- but we keep the history of the three in place. But we broaden it so it can be set up and be carried on -- it would have a better chance for survival, I guess. You know?

Right.
    So it was just one of those things. It's like, when you look what's going on in the film business with the franchise frenzy right now, why is Cameron doing two more "Avatar" movies? Why is Peter Jackson doing three more "Hobbit" movies that are in the same world as "Lord of the Rings"? When you have a franchise, it's very hard to give it up.

My TF fan comments..... Sir,I don't think anyone can screw up the TF movie francise the way you've been doing since 2007. You have nothing to worry,I doubt anyone can do a worser job than you even if they tried really hard to.

Those other movie francises you quoted like avatar & lord of the rings. are not in the same league as your horrible TF live movies are. they don't even belong in the same sentence. Those other francise movies actually have decent dialogue,top rated actors as the stars,decent stories & plots. unlike your TF live movies that are un-watchable garbage. they don't resort to potty humor,stero type & nerd mocking humor or nickelodeon humor to ruin their movies like you have do. those other francise movies you mentioned are watchable masterpieces.

Peter Cullen returning was expected. Hopefully he's the only returning Transformers robot character from the movie verse. I want a new cast of transformers robots on both sides. Bumblee better be dead,MIA or another mission off of earth.

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    It's pretty sad that he compared his films to the Lord of the Rings films. That's like comparing earth to heaven. He cannot even scratch the surface of how well they portrayed arguably the best and most influential fantasy book ever written, even if I think three films for The Hobbit is too much. His ego is hilariously unwarranted and gigantic.

3. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    Oh i dunno, James Cameron could propably screw it up. His version would be a 3 hour love story with some action at the end.

4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Don't forget that he directed masterpieces like Aliens and Terminator.

5. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    Yeah, but he doesn't do movies like that now.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I didn't really have a reaction much more than "Oh that's cool that he still wants to do it."

I'm not sure how he "screwed up" the franchise since all we had before the movies were bad anime dubs and robot designs that all looked 90% the same.

Now we have bad American-made shows and robots that all look 90% the same...

Well, it was pretty sweet in between now and then, though. I mean, we got Animated out of the whole deal. No movies, no need for a drastic contrast in styles in case they failed, no amazing ride into Animated's colourful universe.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Don't we already have two threads dedicated to fighting this war back and forth?

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    But see, there's a problem that arises when people start throwing around ideas about who should be involved. If I may quote myself:

Same thing applies to Cameron. Quite a few people out there hold the mindset that Cameron's "golden days" are over and that he's a horrible director now. Just because Aliens and his two Terminator movies were great doesn't automatically mean that he'd be right for the job. And similarly, if we travel back in time to 2005, just because Michael Bay is good at making high-octane explosion-fest/car-chases action movies, doesn't mean he's the only choice. He just happens to be the one who was chosen. Personally, I think Robert Zemeckis would've done wonders. But that's just my guess. It's up in the air since it hasn't happened. He could've very easily made a horrible Transformers movie.

The only way to truly now how filmmakers would do with the franchise is to actually have them DO IT. And we've really only seen one filmmaker's take on it.

Yep.

But in good Transformers fan fashion, the only way to discuss something is to do it over and over and over and over again.

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Umm... Transformers, Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the moon were all pretty much 2-3 hour love stories focusing on Sam and his 'girl'

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My reaction was about Bay:

I guess, I'll do something, after all the rides have 2 1/2 hour long lines so I guess, I can make some money.

But I didn't think I have to work so hard for it since the boss wants a totally new "thing".

I guess, I'm stuck now with this movie. Oh well. We'll see what happens.

That was my impression.

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Time for a rant... because let's face it, these topics always have one person ranting

^ long title, i know :L

"And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know?"

Yes Micheal we know... we have seen the trash you've made in the past. Besides the reason for the 'reboot' was because of you. They knew that the films you made (Although box office hits) were not the films the fans wanted, that is why they pressured you on Transformers: ROTF - however you ignored them and did what you wanted and blamed it all on the script writers.

By Transformers: DOTM you finally realised that it needed to be more serious however this was due to Hasbro demanding that you improved after the bad toy sales of the 2009 ROTF toyline.

The whole reason for Hasbro to want to reboot with someone else would be so that they could have a fresh start, new personallities, new characters. With you, Micheal it will simply be the same formula as Transformers (2007) with the level of humour probably still being around the level of Transformers: DOTM.

Also, you stated that there was "no way" you would return to the franchise and purposefully made it so there was 'no way' anyone could continue the series without a reboot due to you killing off every villain (And having brought back Megatron from the dead once already - twice if you count a leaked script for the original film which mentioned Megatron was dead until Witwicky activated him - it is highly unlikely fans will just accept a villain who comes back to life every couple of films)

"broaden the franchise to give it lasting legs"

Seeing as this is Micheal bay here who does not know anything about Transformers other than what Hasbro tells him it is very likely that he is referring to the film series being given 'lasting legs' which implies he has already thought of potential sequels. Given that a 'reboot series' - even though this is not a 'reboot' just a continuation with some new cast members - is normally planning for sequels i can expect the new series to go up to Transformers 6 atleast.

12. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Also, :lol  at the knee jerk reactions of "how dare Bay say that his Transformers is a masterpiece of filmmaking like LOTR and Avatar". You know why it's funny? Because that's not even remotely close to what he's saying.

"So it was just one of those things. It's like, when you look what's going on in the film business with the franchise frenzy right now, why is Cameron doing two more "Avatar" movies? Why is Peter Jackson doing three more "Hobbit" movies that are in the same world as "Lord of the Rings"? When you have a franchise, it's very hard to give it up."

Strange. All I'm reading from that quote is "when you have a super successful film franchise, you're more inclined to stay with it. Jackson's got LOTR, Cameron's got Avatar and I've got Transformers. We're all staying with our film franchises". I'm not reading any comment about quality. Or masterpieces. Or anything like that. He's talking SUCCESS. Giant franchises that are titans in Hollywood. Of which Transformers is in the same league as LOTR and Avatar (and many others).

I'm not saying Bay doesn't have an ego. I'm not saying that his films should be considered in the same league (in terms of quality) as LOTR and Avatar (because they shouldn't). What I'm saying is that it never ceases to amaze me what us Transformers fans can take away and blow completely out of proportion from a single quote.

13. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That's not even what he meant about Avatar and LOTR and it seems like all you do on this movie forum is whine, whine and whine some more. It's just really getting on my nerves.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    An oasis of sense, finally. That's what I read from his comments also. He's done three movies already, and for good or bad - he feels a responsibility to stay at the helm, and continue what he started. He didn't come out and try to polish the apple (or turd, depending on which armed camp you set your tent up in).

15. Mudflap2011

Mudflap2011 Soldier

Transformers would hardly be a franchise if it weren't for Bay FACT

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Please, cite your sources.

Aside from your fourth point of contact.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I think what he means is TFs would not be as large a franchise. It has been a highly successful franchise since Beast Wars and has the unique ability to adapt to any given era far better than other brands.

Transformers has remained robust and marketable for decades and I doubt that will ever change.

18. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    This.

Really though? did a thread like this HAVE to be made???

19. Mudflap2011

Mudflap2011 Soldier

In my opinion, without Bays movies to inspire it. Even Transformers Prime probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for these movies. Most kids probably didn't watch the TV shows till after watching the movies. I fell in love with Transformers after watching the 2007 movie!

20. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    See the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.