Your earliest and/or fondest Transformers related memory...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by webz, Aug 6, 2012.

1. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Some of you are the older generation that collected G1, others here are mere whippersnappers who's first season of Transformers was Cybertron... regardless, I feel like taking an Astrotrain ride down memory lane with ya'll! What is your favorite and/or earliest Transformers Toy related memory?

My first "Transforming toys" was a red Diaclone "Mirage" and a "Bumblejumper" that was sold at a little model trains and RC "flea market" type store that also sold weird toys from around the world. They had a few cars for $10, and they had what became the Dinobots (which were blue and silver instead of red and silver) for $15 each, and in 1983 dollars, that was a LOT of money! My favorite game at that time was Pole Position, so I got the robot that turned into the car from Pole Position, and the red VW. I was thrilled to learn a year or so later, more of those toys were going to be available AND have a cartoon!

My fondest TF memory is getting G1 Optimus Prime at Montgomery Wards, because my parents were buying a computer (Commodore 64 - on SALE for $300!) and they decided to add Optimus Prime in there, too, since he was very expensive ($28.99 + tax! - 1984 dollars!). I had that toy for the longest time until I recently sold him along with the rest of my toy collection.

What about you guys?

2. jjd1981

jjd1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think my fondest memory is from a Christmas long long ago when I got Metroplex, Triptacon, Hot Rod, Cup, Ultra Magnus, all of the Combaticons, all of the Protectobots and a couple of others I can't think of off the top of my head. Needles to say, I was one happy kid! ;)  (note this before g1 ws G1)

Another fond memory of that time was when I saved enough money to buy all of the Dinobots!

A more recent fond memory was getting Masterpiece Megatron on my Birthday from my soon to be wife!

3. dinobot5

dinobot5 Well-Known Member

my fondest memory was back in 2000
    i was searching high and low for a beast wars transmetal 2 megatron
    looked for months in toys r us,supermarkets etc etc but to no avail
    trying to find this guy in the UK was a nightmare(as trying to find any new transformers mainly XD)
    got to July and i just gave up,i knew i wasn't gonna find him
    then all of a sudden Christmas 2000 after i finished opening all the presents and had Christmas dinner, mum and dad pulled a extra present out of nowhere and said i would be very happy with this present
    after taking of the wrapping,there it was transmetal 2 megatron
    i was so happy and i couldn't believe even to this day my parents even remembered that i wanted it,my parents said they actually resorted to creating a ebay account just to buy this guy for me
    transmetal 2 megatron is still 1 of my all time favorite transformers and the only beast wars figure i have on display while all my others are boxed away
    easily my fondest transformers memory :) 
    hope you all enjoyed my little story :p 

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    awesome! THAT'S the cool stories I love, being a fan!

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    They all blur together, but a few things I remember was peering into a Christmas present a few weeks early and seeing that it was G1 Astrotrain, and proceeding to peek under the wrapping paper every day until Christmas. I also remember exactly where the "wall of Transformers" was at Hi-Ho shopping center (torn down and now a Fred Meyer) and being in awe everytime I went there.

One memory that still angers me (not really, but I was super jealous), was when I was visiting my Canadian cousin for Christmas, and I got some sucker toy, and he got Swoop. A couple years ago he said, "I got all my old Transformers from my folks, and found out I have Swoop". I replied with, "I know". I guess I am still jealous.

6. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

One of my favorite memories was Christmas in '96...Beast Wars was in full swing and I was begging for a Dinobot figure. He was my favorite character and sure enough on Christmas morning, the first gift I opened was Deluxe Dinobot. I was ecstatic! He went everywhere with me for the longest time. Overall that Christmas was one of my favorites...got a lot of really great Beast figs :) 

7. dinobot5

dinobot5 Well-Known Member

in xmas 96 i remember getting cheetor,tarantulas,dinobot,optimus primal and tripredacus
    most of my xmas and birthday was either films,games or transformers
    even last xmas i got FE cliffjumper,FE voyager optimus prime,FE voyager bulkhead(takara version :) ) and DOTM HA soundwave
    and im 23 in december XD

8. Young Optimus14

Young Optimus14 MTMTE Theorist

My earliest Transformers memory?.... A little orange futuristic race car that was missing his windshield. Yes my very first transformer was wheelie. But my fondest memory is this. About 7 or 8 years ago i participated in my karate schools little tournament for fun. At the time one of my favorite shows along with yu-gi-oh and power rangers was transformers cybertron and in order to get my favorite guy (landmine) i had to participate in all three tournament events (form, board breaking, and sparring). So I did (got first place in sparring too) and then off we went to TRU where I bought the first transformer i actually wanted. Now I have passed old landmine down to my cousin who also likes transformers so that he may enjoy his awesomeness as well.

9. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Looking at all of the sealed GeeWuns at the local K-Mart.

10. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getting G1 skywarp for my 8th birthday in 1984. Picked him out myself at TRU because we had just moved and my folks didn't have time to get me anything.

11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My favorite TF memories are buying and playing with the Cybertron and first-wave Classics figures back in the fall and winter of '06, as well as watching the cartoons (especially Cybertron and BW) when I was in seventh grade and first discovered TFs.

12. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Oldest: Nosecone from Computron (the drill guy?). Rolling him on the terra-cotta tile floor in the dining room of the house I grew up in before I had to leave it all behind and move to the states. For some reason I remember sparks coming out of his hind-quarters. Was this a feature?

2nd Oldest: Same house, shelf in my room, Cop-Tur. But he was a go-bot, so that doesn't count (boo!). :p 

Child Fondest: After days of store-hopping with my grandparents looking for BW Dinobot, no luck. I was forlorn. My grandmother picked me up from school a few days later and what did she have waiting in the car for me? M'hm! Gramma died a few years after. I'm never getting rid of that little guy. Ever.

Dad Fondest: Finding my son sleeping with G1 Cliffjumper under his pillow. Man-tears, oh yeah!

-Kronatron

13. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

Earliest memory was getting Prime for Christmas when he came out. My mom worked in the toy department at Kmart and hid one as she was putting them out because they were supposed to be the "cool" toys for that year. It was one of my most played with and cherished toys as a kid, and I stil have it today. My 6 year old loves seeing that toy of the shelf and I bring it down for him to play with every once and a while.

Fondest memory was getting Grimlock from one of my Grandmas for a different Christmas. My four cousins and I each got a different Dinobot one year, and Grandma knew I loved dinosaurs so she gave me the T-Rex. Still have that one too, and he's down on display next to masterpiece Grimlock.

...man I miss the 80's!!

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One that stands out in my mind was running across the Aerialbots/Superion gift set in a Sears store. I totally lost it (something along the lines of "OMG Autobot combiners! - and they're PLANES!" I probably should mention that "Key to Vector Sigma" had not yet aired on television at that point.) I was full-on begging my parents to get that set, but was refused then. I'm reasonably sure that was my folks' ploy to throw me off so it could become a Christmas present that year.

15. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Buying Energon Inferno and Hot Shot from Fred Meyer and telling my momto get me the same toys, because they were too cool just for the birthday boy.

I still have them both. Proof that I've never lost a Transformer.

16. elizasteave

elizasteave Well-Known Member

Well, I have a lot of interesting memories. I always have been a great lover and collector of Optimus Prime and my friends know this thing very well. A friend of mine and his parents were shifting to the other place. He called me in his house and just as they were to leave, he gifted me a great collection of Optimus Prime and I was speechless at that moment. You can't expect such situations everyday.

17. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

My earliest memory and favorite is seeing my uncle's G1 collection and being in aw because of his G1 G1 Grimlock

18. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

I remember getting Armada Nemesis Prime for Christmas. Man, I went ballistic over that. It's still my favorite Decepticon from that era.

19. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Oldest TF memory: Christmas 1984. I got my first ever TF from Santa: Starscream. I tried to transform him without the instructions. All I could figure out was how to flip the wings around, flip the feet down, and flip the entire nose of the plane down. I had no idea how to flip the arms out and correctly transform the nose of the plane. So I was upset thinking that my first TF was missing the arms and head. Then my Dad had a marvel idea: read the instructions. The arms and the head were just hiding. Crisis averted.

Fondest TF memory: Sometime during my sophomore year of high school. I found out that a guy at school still had an original VHS copy of Transformers the Movie. He was willing to part with it but not for cheap. I forked over $20 but it was worth it. I got home that night and stayed up to watch it twice. I was really tired the next day at school. I had never seen TF the Movie prior to this. I had seen only bits and pieces of it. I think I had seen just one part of it from TF Season 5 (the episodes with the live action Powermaster Optimus Prime doing the opening and ending chats with that little kid).

20. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Walking (running) down the red line to the toy section in Zellers looking for new Beast Wars figures when I was 7 or 8. I remember fondly seeing kids at school with a figure I've never seen before in person, thinking how cool they were and when I will get my hands on one of my own. When Transmetals were in, they were fiercely popular at the time