Your dream shapeways products

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nemisispringer, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I know it's weird request but I wouldn't mind some type of connector that let you attach minicons to transformers who don't have minicon ports.

2. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind seeing small Headmaster robots with ball joints to replace the very limited G1 Headmasters with. Something that you can just remove the old Headmaster robot from a G1 toy and replace him with the new Shapeways one

3. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Any updates on these WIPs guys?

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Show accurate guns that slip over RiD Arcee's arms, and show accurate cannons for RiD Wheeljack and FE Bulkhead.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Animated figures.

6. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fist covers for Classics Jetfire in jet mode. The fact his hands are visible is about the only thing wrong with that toy.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    As well as the lacking articulation, cubby proportions, balancing issues, boring transformation...

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    I'd still like to see something that would replace Classics/Henkei Prime's wind vane/ion blaster. Something like a panel that had 2 air horns on it to cover his head in alt mode, then in bot mode the horns lift outwards and face upwards like hooks to give him a place to store his weapon(s). Say someone had a Gear of War Ion Blaster for Prime, he could hang it on his back when he didn't need to shoot it and his trailer wasn't close enough for him to put it back into storage. Pair that with the smokestacks and you have a perfect Optimus Prime.

9. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Well there are 5mm pegs that let you use them as targetmasters. I remember seeing some on shapeways some time ago but I don't remember who sold them. There's also lego pieces that do that.

10. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to see a Fort Max photon rifle, double barreled cannon, and radar dish array made in scale for the 7 inch KO of him.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I only have a vague understanding about how Shapeways works, but since we're posting this as a "dream product" I'd want to see somekind of full on figure kit.

I believe I've seen a few simplitic Transformers, like a little Wheelie made with Shapways, so I'd be interested in seeing just how far one could take that concept.
    Probably not very, but I am dreaming here.

12. Dinobot14

Dinobot14 Maximal

Ebay:
    Don't know if this has been said before, but an accurate gun for transmetal rattrap would be just wonderful. Maybe even a modified gun base for Rhinox that will let the blade attach chain gun of doom style. Also some of the other random guns that the guys used throughout the show, like Dinobot's giant rifle.

Any of those would make my day.

13. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I myself love a mixing barrel to turn PCC Huffer or RID Heavyload into Mixmaster.

14. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    A kit to convert DOTM Roadbuster to weaponized mode. That and DOTM Wrecker like weapons to make all the other figures into Stealth Mode.

15. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

This guy, once I get his last two modes mapped out and a bunch of minor parts modeled.

[​IMG]

His dino mode needs forearms; his jet mode needs canards and landing gear, or at least a skid; his copter mode needs some tail panels; I'm remodeling his front truck wheels to tuck away more neatly, and I may toss the gun mode completely in favor of an AA turret or something. The train mode has been completely revamped since I compiled this shot, too. And I'm still having problems fitting his sabertooth-tiger head into the space I've got to store it - it also has to transform into the robot head with full articulation in both necks. I've got some ideas, though.

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    None because no matter how good the design is, the end result (the finish) always looks shitty. The parts look like they were carved in a porous bar of soap or an eraser. Not good. I've seen tons of cool designs, but sadly, I just can't spend money on sub-par products.

17. Chap

Chap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Printing using Frosted Ultra Detail is leaps and bounds better than the other materials from Shapways.

18. Chap

Chap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These were pretty cool, if I do say so myself :) 

If these hinges were printed from Shapeways, they would not withstand the pressure exerted during transformations.

These ARE still available at TFSource (I've seen them at BBTS at some point too): Henkei Classics - Starscream - Crown, Cape, Shoulder Armor & Cannon Custom Upgrade Kit

(The nullrays were pretty cool too :D  )

19. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

I have an idea like that where you get a transformable shape and use that shape as a base in a kit bash, then you can ether use pre made kits (that go with the shapes) or anything you choose to make it your own. But i can only see this working form a thrid party standpoint and not from shapeways.

20. Medri Fogmatio

Medri Fogmatio Autobot

Replacement cannon for Voyager Prime Megatron.

Hearts of Steel Sparkplug Minicon