Your buying patterns

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ComicGuy89, Sep 28, 2009.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi fellow TF Fans! I was just wondering what your buying patterns are. Do you buy once a month? Or once a week? Do you buy many at once? Or just one at a time? Do you even have a systematic way of buying? Thanks!

2. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Unsystematic, but far too frequent.

3. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    same

4. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm an Autobot guy. I hardly pick up any Decepticreaps, so they're ruled out. Next I buy what I like from one series and move onto the next. I always get some version of Prime and whatever looks cool to me.

This can sometimes be a bad thing as I like the entire Classics and Animated line.

5. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Yeah, I don't know what my pattern is, but its enough to make my wallet cry when I walk in the toy aisle.

No fooling. Come with me and listen to my pockets sob.

I usually buy just one-ofs unless I see an awful lot I like AND it's a pretty good deal. Example: I bought Jolt, Dead End, Blazemaster, and Swerve all together at Kohls during their BOGO1/2, making one essentially free (hello free Blazemaster :D ). Too good to pass up ;) .

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I fallow my checklist and spend a set amount per month

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    It depends on my mood. If I'm in a TF mood, I'll buy at least 3 or 4 deluxes that month. If not, it dwindles to about 1 per month.

8. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    That's great, your wallet should be happy. I wish I was that disciplined. :( 

9. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I can usually refrain myself from buying too much instores, but can't control myself on eBay when I find good deals or something I've been looking for. :( 

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I generally allot myself a certain amount per week, and then focus on completing a line/size class (like right now, I'm focusing on Classics voyagers). In a few months, I will have amassed a collection that is full enough so that I can concern myself with only purchasing in-store figs.

11. petes2177

petes2177 the poowrr?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here.

I usually go for movie autobot figures because of cool alt. modes.

Eh, I get a new TF about one per month.

12. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Normally I just buy things when I get the feeling that I want one. If I'm in town and I spie something I want/like, I might get it. I might go on eBay, come across a cool toy and grab it.

The only thing is I tend to buy on Fridays as that's when I get payed. Even though that if I were to buy the toy a few days earlier than payday and just wait until next week to buy more, thereby leaving me with the same amount of money, I still like to wait until I have more money in hand, rather than planning ahead.

Also because I'm just as likely to buy *more* on payday.

As for factions, well I have more Autobots than Decepticons, but I never favour one or the other when determining if I buy or not. A cool toy is a cool toy, regardless of faction, and IMO, the some of the Universe cons are the best in the line! (cyclonus and the Mirage-repaint-dragstrip for example).

13. newguy

newguy i

Car parts, car parts, car parts, an Ironhide, car parts...

14. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Funny, I happen to have more Decepticons than Autobots. In fact, my only Autobot Voyager, currently, is ROTF Optimus Prime. (Which might change soon, depending on whether I'd like to get Animated Prime)

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    usually once a month unless i get unexpected funds and can use them to buy TFs

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sporadic, sometimes i get a few $100 worth of figs or fig. and other times nothing for a month, depends on my mood or how much i want something

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Without a doubt, I'm an Autobot woman, usually just buy as they are available, in my area some of the waves are so slow to come in when they do, I snap up every bot I can find!! Some weeks zero other weeks 4-5. If I had to average per month--I'd say at least 4.:D 

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I have no real pattern that I can see myself. Especially right now as I'm not collecting RotF. I pretty much spend what I've got to spend on toys if I happen upon stuff. I try to limit myself on what I spend online as well, that can really bite you in the butt if you don't watch yourself. I've spent $250 in a month last November and have also gone a month without buying more than just a single deluxe. But yeah, lately I've been pretty broke so it's been easy to hold back.

Though I do have stuff I plan on getting with my next paycheck. Oct. 9th can't come sooner.

19. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My buying is based on whats out. I learned a long time ago to buy at launch or pay more for it later.

20. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    When I see something in the store, I can't help but pick it up. Very rarely do I walk away from a TF I want. Online, sometimes once a week, maybe less.