Your biggest purchasing mistake?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Recall, Mar 22, 2011.

1. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Universe Aveo Swerve

I did take advantage of a BBTS holiday discount... So it wasnt so bad.

His proportions are kinda off. Wish his legs extended...

And Galaxy Force Scourge. I forget which convoy they named him...

I payed alot. And the articulation was crap. Paintjob wasnt any better than Hasbro...

I learned to research before I buy, now...

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Scout class Arcee, but my daughter loves her and the repaints I've afforded

3. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Botcon 2009 box set.

4. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    All of the figures I bought from the first movie. I finally sold the last off them recently.

5. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

A large part of my RID, Armada, Energon collection. I was a bit of a completist in those days. Looking back now I would only keep a handful or less from each of the three. Fortunatley I'm a tad smarter now read reviews do some research before purchasing something.

The only regret I've had since was getting WFC for my PC. It is rather outdated by todays standards. The gameplay was very sluggish. Have not played it since. The $30 would have better spent on two deluxes and a cup of coffee.

6. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    People told me ROTF Chromia was a better toy than ROTF Arcee.

I like ROTF Arcee, so i bought Chromia.

Rancid toy. The people who designed and approved it should be ashamed of themselves.

I'll always be convinced it's lazyass design is part of the reason we never got a proper Elita 1.

7. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Worst...?

Anything Transformers movie and ROTF stuff outside of ROTF Leader class Optimus Prime. Really wish I hadn't bought any of the figures as they're such messes and just really don't like them. Fortunately, I didn't buy many. Just the ones that were actually in the movie for the most part...

Also anything from Beast Machines. I loved Beast Wars toys, at least once we got to the Transmetal stuff, but Beast Machines left a major sour taste in my motuh both in terms of the show and the few figures I did buy from it.

8. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Animated Soundwave. I dunno I just don't like the mold all that much, feels too kiddy. Especially now that I have Cybertronian SW which is way cooler IMHO...

Many of the movie toys as well, but at least I didn't go too crazy with those.

9. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

I agree with that along with the ROTF Twins, and PCC Double Clutch.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
  11. Salty

Salty Fritobot

Movie Leader Megatron....ehhh

12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
  13. nobody1898

nobody1898 Well-Known Member

Energon and cybertron

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny, I'm the one you sold him to. :lol  He's NOT my biggest purchasing regret, though he might start to look a little less appealing if RtS Optimus ever gets repainted. I was wondering who you bought him from, because he's really not in amazing condition. Of course, you didn't claim he was, so no worries.

I don't have any other RiD figures, but because he's a G2 mold I'm sticking him with my old G2 Megatron and my Powermaster OP (another weird impulse buy on my part).

Anyway, I just mentioned that because you mentioned him. Powermaster OP is kind of a regret actually, he just doesn't do as much for me as I thought he would and he's not a trivial amount of money. Other crappy Scouts and PCCs I've bought don't count because they were just so cheap. I'd like to sell them, sure, but who gets worked up over $10?

Once I probably would have counted RotF Leader Megatron, because he really is godawful. However, again, I paid $10 for him (ToysrUs.com was giving Movie Leaders away a few months ago), and he fills out my movie Leader collection for now.

I don't even regret that I have two Cyclonuses and two Bludgeons, because I actually found ways to display all of them. And they are among my favorite figures anyway.

So it's weird, I wish I had less Transformers swag (moving in a few months here...go to my sig and buy my stuff!) but there's not a lot of individual purchases that I regret. (Maybe Universe Powerglide.)

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Breacher. He had stress marks on some parts so I took the hairdryer to him and warped the plastic. :( 

16. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF altogether

17. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have to say this is my biggest mistake as well. Still not sure why I didnt buy more but I imagine it was a cash issue.

18. arneld048

arneld048 Well-Known Member

ROTF SUPREME DEVASTATOR....This toy sucks

19. CastIronMan

CastIronMan Active Member

Xovergen rolling thunder prime, I'd seen a couple of bad reviews but I thought it looked cool so I brought the green version anyway. Turns out I should have listened to the reviews. The same goes for Knight morpher commander, after I pulled him out of the box I thought it was a load of junk, but after messing (tentatively) with it I came to really like him.

20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I have the Black Convoy as well. I bought him back when RID was current before we found out the toy was going to be released at TRU as an exclusive.

Mine was not mint when I opened it the day I got it. The chrome on one side of the trailer was all scuffed up right out of the box. Other then that though, he's pretty good. He has some pretty loose joints though compared to the RID counterpart.

On Topic. Over Christmas I bought some cheap animated voyagers at marshalls & TJ Maxx that I didn't have before, SS Skywarp and Wreckgar. They were big disappointments, especially the seekers. I really regret the $10 each I spent on them.

Most movie toys and a lot of the animated stuff just isn't holding my interest anymore. I put all my loose Animated figures away.