your 2007 review in toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by KA, Dec 25, 2007.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how was your year in toys this year? heres mine:

- early year started with momentum, thx to late last years debut of classics. that culminated in me getting my 1st botcon set ever! thx jarodimus!
    - movie toys! practically completed the movie lineup before the movie even started showing.
    - movie hype was great. we had a local TF show and fan screening. awsum awsum.
    - we got some fan faves! namely masterpiece megs and anime accurate starscream. even a working soundwave mp3 player.
    - i reached 300 tf milestone! it was cyber slammer brawl.
    - achieved a couple'a g1 milestones. completed 84-85 cars, completed season 1 decepticons and got all the pre-88 bases.

and it looks like the ball keeps on rolling for next year with animated and universe. w00t!

2. KingForm

KingForm Banned

1. I started to understand the benefits of high-class toys, such as Soul of Chogokin and ended up buying two of them myself.

2. Got addicted to the Revoltech line.

3. Started a PVC Kaiju collection.

4. After buying some real duds I learned to limit my purchases and not be so impulsive, thank you Deluxe Brawl and Payload.

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    - Awesome movie line (and everything about the movie in general)
    - Amazing MP Skywarp
    - Overrated MP Megatron

Most importantly I got me a minty G1 Overlord at this years Botcon :rock 

The only down note this year was the end of the Alternators/Binaltech line, it shall be missed :(  But a good run nonetheless.

Overall 06 and 07 have been my 2 biggest years of collecting TF's. Not only have I blown through an obscene amount of cash on TF's but it's gone into with the Movie toys, Alternators/Binaltech, Masterpeice line, and Galaxy Force/Cybertron the best TF toys we have seen to date.

4. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    TF oddities.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    1. I began and finished two big repaint projects--the three classics seekers and a dozen g1 minibot repaints from energon and cybertron basics.

2. went to my first botcon--spent 6 hours in line getting the attendee only exclusives for myself and another board member, and spent an hour in line next to optimus scourge and arcee of the boards for peter cullen's autograph and didn't even know it!

3. was extremely skeptical of the movie and its toys. saw the movie. loved it. bought the toys. loved 'em.

4. was amazed by the number of cars made from the pixar movie. current count: over 50, with 5 more on my want list.

5. g.i. 25th line: I was lucky enough to get the silver head pdd from hts for retail as my first figure. opened it, and decided to give other figures a try. definitely a hit-or-miss line in my book, but also currently what I'm most interested in hearing about.

6. oh, and *sniff* the end of alternators :cry 

6. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    1. As always, the movie line sucked the bejesus out of my pocket and bank account, but satisfied nonetheless.

2. Started to look at Marvel Legends in a different way and actually LIKED them and bought quite a number of them....

3. Managed to finish up my Alt and Binaltech collection. The only elusive figures are still Nemesis Prime and Decepticharge. Finding a Alt Hound and Sideswipe were the highlights of my collecting activities. I had most of the Alts and BT but these 2 eluded me. But now I've got them, I am EXTREMELY happy.

4. Holding a G! Optimus Prime and Megatron (Encore series) with my own hands....the feeling was unreal.....brings back many sweet memories.

5. Actually liked the SIC and SOCs......bought a few at the displeasure of my wife :p 

7. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Became a collector when I found out I could afford most of my favorite characters were remade in the Classics line. Bought them but didnt open them for months since I live on one side of the country and the toys were in another.

2. Broke down and got MP-04 and MP-05. Loved them but had to adjust to the complexity of the things. Good stuff all around though.

3. Got carried away with the Alt Roddy madness and bought one. Great toy but like all Alts, too sensitive and pricey. Sold it since I loved my Classics Roddy more.

4. Didnt see the movie, saw the toys, and was immediately turned off. Bought Leader Prime just to see if he was worth the hype. Found out he rocked so I bought the Bumblebee two-pack. All in all, I like the line but didnt have the resources or addictive personality to continue with it. Still havent seen the movie.

5. Bought Hasbro's Screamer. Found out the sensitivity of plastic was GREATLY exagerrated after transforming him numerous times with only 1 tiny stress mark. Love the toy but will probably sell it.

6. Pretty much quit. If a Classics Ironhide comes out I might buy that but I'm pretty much done.

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    1) Classics were awesome till they decided to make the other seekers Botcon exclusives

2) Wasn't a fan of the movie toys but did manage to get Barricade and new Camaro BB

3) Missed out on MP Megs (I do have him preordered at BBTS)

4) MP Screamer is still nowhere to be seen

5) 25th Anniversary Joes own my soul...I love these things...

9. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Awesome year!
    1 Got a few lucky draws(blue Big Convoy, Black fire Convoy, Gold G1 Statue Prime).
    2 Complete my G1 box Prime collection by getting a canada and a Itlay version.
    3 Working on a website That has the most complete Prime collection online.(coming out next year)
    4 Find a MIB clear takara collection 00 Convoy.

Once again, Awesome year!

10. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

picked up the only classics i wanted, early in the year... actually closer around last christmas... (Jetfire, Grimlock, Ramjet)

didnt like the TF movie toys much, picked up Barricade... then Swindle, Wreckage, Dropkick, (Longarm, G1 Jazz, Elita One on my birthday in Oct.)
    other than that, that i can remember...

won 3 pepsi primes in the dew drawing

got a Universe Nemesis Prime MISB for free... dont ask, lol

finaly found a garage sale with g1s, but the sales person kept upping the freaking prices, and only walked out with a hungrrr, swoop missing his beak, jetfire missing everything, and dreadnok monkeywrench, for $25 (birthday money from mom)

other stuff i can remember
    ECW Ariel
    ECW Balls Mahoney (birthday)
    Marvel Legends She Hulk (birthday)
    ML Danger
    Spawn animated: Redeemer (birthday)
    Zartan zarana cobra comic 3pack (mail)

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    MP Megs
    MP accurate SS
    Real Gears
    No more alts :( 
    all the final alts ROCKED.
    WST arcee custom
    Made my own Classics Menasor
    My Alternators Motormaster Stolen :( 
    First BotCon!
    Alpha Trion
    Fallen
    Micro sized Fort Max

12. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I ended up getting 4 Movie figures: Barricade, Bonecrusher, 08 Bumblebee and Dropkick. That's actually the most figures I've bought from a single series since Car Robots in 2000.

Other than that I got into collecting Bandai's Neon Genesis Evangelion Portraits figurines.

13. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    As with previous years, I spent too much money on TFs....

1. Classics. Wow, amazing line which I'm finally completing now, except for the BotCons.

2. Movie line, another great walletdrainer. I had to restrict myself when buying these, so I mostly just got the characters that were actually in the movie, and a few stragglers, hehe. The movie rocked, as did most things around it.

3. Bought massive amounts of expensive G1 stuff; Overlord, Metroplex, MiB Omega Supreme, Trypticon, six almost complete combiners (Predaking, Menasor, Abominus, Bruticus, Piranacon, Superion), three seekers (Ramjet, Skywarp, Thrust), two MiB triplechangers (Springer & Astrotrain), MiB Ultra Magnus, MiB Apeface, and a bunch of other 'bots, plus a massive amount of accessories.

4. Finally started appreciating the Masterpiece line, and I now have MP-05, MP-06, and Walmart Screamer on their way to me.

5. Star Wars Transformers.... Yuck... Getting rid of those.

6. I arranged the first bigger Transformers convention in the Nordic ever! :D 

7. Got me a Decepticon neck tattoo :D 

8. Almost finished the Cybertron line now! Every single item is MiSB/MOSC.

9. Started buying a few Japanese toys, like the Choro Qs and Revoltech.

14. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

the glory that are the beast wars neo line entered my life :D 
    Happy with some moive figures and dying for the animated figure

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first half of the year consisted of some imports: THS-02, Revoltech Convoy, WST Dinobots. Also finished off what I wanted of Classics, along with Titaniums.

Then came the movie toys- which I definitely overspent on. I like most of what I got but broke my rule about getting more then just my favorites. Great line, but as with anything that is marketed down ones throat, they got a little tiresome.

I also got into the GI Joe 25th ANN line. Big time. While I generally go for TFs more so then GI Joe, I felt this line was like TF Classics but for GI Joe AND you got pretty much all the main cast within the span of 6 months. If TF Classics were even out to cover the whole G1 cartoon cast, it would take years to finally get them all released. It was a great "Instant gratification" line with an attractive $5-6 price point.

Also, as a long time video gamer, I was happy to have several new Final Fantasy toys, and later the first Castlevania toys.

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Started off with Classics, always passed on the Skywarp/Magnus 2 pack due to not wanting a white Prime but bummed I missed out on Skywarp.
    Bought most of the movie cast, went balls out with repainting all of them including my favorite, a more accurate Leader Megs
    had a bit of a lull until I started seeing 25th Joes which I'm now hooked.

17. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

THE GOOD
    - Classics brought back some great memories, got the entire line
    - Developed repainting skills
    - Got most of the movie line the day they came out
    - Got the first Encore series
    - Got Big Convoy and Lio Convoy
    - Finally got a G1 Bluestreak Prowl Smokescreen Jazz Mirage and Wheeljack
    - The KO Alt Wheeljack, for reprolabeling purposes
    - MP SS is prefection
    - Got Gold and Silver Pimpdaddy Destro off HTS for $10 each. Tried to sell them to someone at COST, he didnt want them... Got $189 on ebay

THE BAD
    - Bummer that Alts ended, still need swerve.
    - Girls arent as impressed with transformers toys as youd think they'd be
    - KOs prices are too high

THE UGLY
    - I'm starting to see the ugly side of collecting and adult collectors again

18. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I got into Macross. It killed my wallet.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    -collecting started on a high note with Classics release towards the end of last year for me too (though I actually had most of them by Christmas 06).
    -during the lul in anything Transformers to buy I started collecting other stuff like DCSH and Marvel Legends and was thourghly addicted to these things.
    -started looking at my overall collection and decided to 'purge' some of my repaints and just bad figures I had bought... really helped me kick my completionist phase and my new selectivity on Transformers figures has helped me to save more money for things not Transformers.
    -the main portion of the Movie line was awesome and I too had most of the core characters before the movie ever came out.
    -got this years Botcon set to complete my Classic Seekers (thanks Boon!).
    -seeing the movie on the big screen first with my wife (who suprisingly enjoyed it) and than seeing it with a group of friends.
    -during the lul in the movie line I became addicted to Revoltech and more recently somewhat enamorated with Shinkis, but the Shinkis is just a passing thing given their overall clumsyness... Revoltechs however rock!
    -also started collecting Sigma-6 (which I wasn't too thrilled with) and 25th Joes (which I absolutely love).
    -looking forward to Movie Repaints (especially the upcoming Wal-Mart deluxes), Classics 2.0/Universe and Animated line.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  20. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Its weird. the year started out with almost no toy purchases.. Then around mid June when they started releasing the movie toys.. I was buying like a fiend. but lately. its kind of died down again. I think I'm out growing the toys. I'm still really into transformers in general. and I'm not saying buying the toys is childish, its just not for me anymore.

The movie toys were awesome.
    Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream was amazing as well.