Young X-Men (Spoiler within)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by OmegaScourge, Apr 3, 2008.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

So for those that used to buy New X-Men or those who are trying it out, what do you think.

Can't say i like the art to this one...story aint as great either....

as characters are going, i dont know about this team, only 2x from the New X-Men team are on it...and the new ones look eh.

and as for the The leader of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants is also the Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club...and is joined by his former X-Force teammates...

i wonder who it is, as the last page shows Cannonball, Sunspot, Moonstar, and Magna

i'll try this title for the first arc and see if i'll keep it or drop it.

2. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

Sunspot got lord imperial off shaw thanks to sage if i remember.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Thought it was okay. Not fantastic, but it has potential. The art wasn't as good as expected, and Guggenheim doesn't have the hang of Blindfold's speech pattern, but it shows promise.

Obviously the New Mutants haven't gone bad, so I'm curious to see how this will end (my guess is training exercise).

The book could use a few more of the New X-Men characters (Mercury would be great), but aside from the wholly generic Wolfcub, the cast is good.

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really miss Mercury. She was my fav character. (What happened to her, anyway? It's not like her parents would have taken her back... I only get 2 X-Men comics, this and X-Force, so I'm not sure what's going on outside of those books.) And Rockslide, my 2nd favorite character from New X-Men is close, but still seems a little... off. Not quite as "Dude, I'm a tool, that's so awesome!" as in New X-Men. Heck, Dust and Wolfcub seem a little different too-- Dust less shy, Wolfcub less kid-like and more vengeful.

Still, it shows promise. I'm rather curious about Ink.

5. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

I would imagine that you could chalk Dust & Wolf Cub's character change up to watching their friends and classmates getting blown up, shredded, impaled and eaten over the past year and a half, then getting thrown into the meat grinder against the Marauders et al. I mean, war makes you grow up pretty fast if you want to live. But this is just my opinion on that.

I think Mercury was still not 100% recovered from her traumatic experience (getting tortured, flayed and having her skin attached to Predator X), so she might be off recuperating after all that plus the crap in Messiah CompleX. But upon seeing the lineup for this team, I was disappointed there weren't other New X-Men holdovers other than Rockslide & Dust. I mean, Surge at least?

6. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Yeah, I really liked the New X-Men cast, so ditching over half of them in this title is pretty frustrating. I'm glad that Dust is still around at least.

I'm hoping Hellion, Surge and Prodigy at least show up somewhere in another X-book.