young kids and the different TF series...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Feb 2, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My godchild, his older brothers love my toy collection.
    I let them play with only a few of my TFs- namely i let them play with the Machine Wars Prime, Sandstorm, RiD Scourge *bot only*.
    The others aren't for them yet.

since i don't really collect the AEC toys, i let their dad buy em. and with the ball joints, they seem fine for the kids, but they still tear em apart like sharkticons at a Quintesson court date.
    Seeing how the oldest (he's 6) treated the Megatron vs. optimus 2 pack figures, there's no way in hades he'll touch any of my other transformers until he's almost a teenager.

i was wondering which lines you really think are kid friendly.

i get a kick out of them coming over and drooling at the collection and i kinda want them to appreciate how cool they are as they get older; i just don't want to sacrifice my toys in the name of "learning".

For the moment, when they point at one, i will take it down, transform it a couple times, show em details and things, then put it back.
    and for some reason, i love telling them, "oh, you wanna play with my Alternator Hound? The Green Jeep? Grow up." Hell, i don't even play with him.

I did give them an extra Ruination set i had with the terrible recolor- that tiger stripe pattern- but the dad has actually kept it out of their hands. he's been playing with it at work.

so what line or which figs in particular would really be a good place to start with kids between 4-6 years old?

2. taz235

taz235 Well-Known Member

I dont think most of them are NOT KF, they are so hard to transform these days.

3. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Any lengend figs or those FAB

4. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The FAB line is designed for them.

Also threaten to give them an Armada Sideswipe if any of your figures are ever broken.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want to punish, not have Child Protective Services hunting me down.

wasn't sure if the FAB's were transformable...thought they were like toys you rev up and then pop to stand up.

6. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    My four year old niece loved my Classics Bumblebee. She saw me transform it a couple times and reached up to grab it from me. After I gave it to her, she played with it to the point where nothing around her mattered.

I'd say Classic Deluxes are good for kids, so are the Movie FABs (for obvious reasons), and G1 junkers you have lying around. Most kids dont care about a missing leg or arm. :lol 

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Movie Swindle is strong and a Shelwarmer. (-_-)

8. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

You're confusing FABs with the Cyber Slammers. I can't believe I even bought the Cyber Slammers, BTW, the damn things don't even roll very far before the robot pops up.