Young boy proves to be a future collector

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ifightfortheuse, May 11, 2012.

1. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

I had a few days off this week and decided I want to go Transformers Hunting. Didn't see the one I was looking for (Deluxe Vehicon), but I did witness an interesting interaction between a young boy and his mother.

The young fan was allowed to purchase a Transformers figure and he was all excited when he got into the aisle. However, he apparently already has quite a few of the RID Prime figures because he was all let down when all there was left were about 10 Bees, a Wheeljack, and 3 or 4 Cliffjumpers. He told his Mom he might as well make an army of Bumblebees because that's the only toy Transformers make.

I guess collectors are not the only one's getting frustrated with the yellow warrior quantities.

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I wish somebody at Hasbro, in a position to act on the heavy assortment of BBs, would see this.

3. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

That child has to be rare, as most kids I see want bumblebee.

4. ifightfortheuse

I believe he already had Bumblebee. I just thought it was amusing hearing what is supposedly the other 90% of Hasbro's market complaining about the lack of variety of Transformers.

5. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

But isn't it a little late to adjust the case assortment for waves already on pegs? Unfortunately the Bee's clogging pegs currently represent 'damage' already done, so how to fix this situation? I suppose discount them, BOGO them, 2 for 1 them, and/or have some kind of sale to offload extra current stock. Unfortunately I doubt toy aisle stock people know the difference from 15 Bee's and 1 or 2 Vehicons so where's the incentive to discount them? And unless Hasbro has some kind of pull with WM and Target to encourage them to offload surplus stock... again, I don't see this situation changing anytime soon... for kids or collectors.

6. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    nah i know a few that are feed up with him they say 1 bb is enough

7. ifightfortheuse

You are correct. I don't think anything can be corrected for the Prime waves. I believe the poster was just hoping that Hasbro could learn from its current situation.

8. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    They haven't learned this in three movies worth of toys...they certainly aren't going to learn it now.

9. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    When I see kids browsing today's Transformers I immediately think to myself "Man these kids probably would've love the 80's than all these crap clogging the pegs and shelves, esp the overly done BBs!"

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If that were true, shelves wouldn't be constantly clogged with them.

11. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I happen to agree with the OP that even kids get frustrated too at seeing a ton of Bumblebee's on store shelves.But I think it is too late now as Hasbro is eventually gonna do away with all characters except Optimus Prime and Bumblebee at this rate because they sell so darn good (yes sarcasm).

12. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I could understand when bee first starting clogging shelves then hasbro didnt stop making so many and that was back in 07 (I think) I am suprised they havent notcied there mistake as it makes them loose money...

I am so supried that hasbro hasnt noticed yet they really need to stop wasting money in making too many bee's including the repaints I mean one repaint is ok but after the repaint raid of the movie bee's...

13. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

You Lie! What about me?

14. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I doubt that kid is alone. Kids want variety as well. Feed him or her the same thing everyday and you'll get a complaint.

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Pretty much. Actually, I can only recall a single time when I saw a kid want something besides Bumblebee or Optimus, and that was an irl Eric Cartman who along with Prime, wanted Bulkhead so that all the kids at school wouldn't know he lied about having one. This was easily the funniest thing I've seen in TRU, as this kid was freaking the fuck out & totally making a scene with near exact lines that Cartman used in the South Park episode. Well, he didn't do the whole "my mother is trying to fuck me!" stuff, but the part about bragging to kids at school was totally there.

Like, I agree that we could benefit from not having him as heavily packed, but still. Bumblebee can't ever be out of stock, especially at the deluxe price point, ever.

16. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I wish that it was captured on video, and then sent to the President of Hasbro. :D 

I was looking around stores the last couple of days, only to see peg hooks being wasted on Avengers toys. Isn't it sad that movie toys are the priority now, when back in the oh-so-awesome 80's it was the cartoons that warranted the toys. I swear that the Prime section has shrunk to make room for Avengers crap. -_-

17. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amen!

18. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    I'm like this, but is 13 still considered a child? :p