Young Avengers... a right step in direction for the future.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Shipwreck, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Am I the only person here that reads Young Avengers? I really love the book. But what I like most about it is that its based around new young characters. I am really interested in the future of the marvel universe and the heros of tomorrow. What happens when all these heros get old and die out? Whos going to be there to take their place. But whats everyone elses toughts on this book?

2. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

It was disappointing to see Iron lad leave, but otherwise I enjoy this series. I thought the first arc started a little weak, but finished with a nice fluorish. Overall, one of marvel's better series in my opinion.

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Shoot, I thought this thread was going to be about the positive and realistic portrayal of homosexual characters in a serious comic book (ie, not "Rawhide Kid").

EDIT: And, I mean, YA is also a step in the right direction because it excels in producing both single issues and arcs perfect for trade paperbacks. A big qualm I've had with Marvel lately is that they DO gear towards the trades rather than the single issues themselves with most titles. But Young Avengers, even if the trades are still the intent, pulls off one solid, interesting, and satisfying issue after another.

Definitely going to ask for this on my pull list from now on.

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Love the series and am glad so many others are onboard as well. I had doubts when it was first announced but it's more thn just "Marvel Teen Titans".

5. Shipwreck

I'm really excited to see what is happening with Patriot. Did he lose his powers? Did he ever have powers at all? Hrm..

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Are there TPB's of the first few arcs out yet?

7. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

The first arc just ended at issue #6 and issue #8 comes out next week. I don't think the trade is out yet.

I'm really liking Young Avengers as well. Its nice to see some 2nd and in a few cases 3rd generation heroes.

8. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Wolverine. He ages allot slower then everyone else and seems to have the ability to be everywhere at once.

9. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I have a theory on that. Mr. Sinister cloned Wolverine with the abilities of Multiple Man. Therefore Marvel has about 20 Wolverine clones running around. Yet somehow no-one recognizes it. Must have gave him some kind of mild psychic powers too.

Complete joke here.

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Sadly, doesn't seem all that far off, does it? ;) 

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i quit YA after #5... lost intrest, and i get to many comics to keep getting something i'm not interested in...

The art's really pretty , but kinda cold and sterile, and i hate the new costumes they got at the End...

Gravity and Live Wires (especially Live Wires) are more interesting concepts to me...

12. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Gravity was awesome. Mike and Sean did an excellent job. Glad Mike got the go on Spiderman Adventures from it. Totally awesome guy. Even did a Gravity sketch for me with the saption "Roll out?" from my time working with him.

As for Patriot, the last page of the latest issue shows how he has his powers.
    He injects it into himself

13. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yes. This is definitely one of my very favorite books. I was unsure about it, but got hooked from issue #1 and have kept reading since. Love this book. And its also cool that it has a pair of gay characters. I think Heinberg is handling the whole gay issue very well too.

14. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

As odd as it sounds it allmost makes more sense and would probably work better than House Of M.

I mean "Crisis Of Inifinite Wolverines". It would sell like hotcakes.

15. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Finally, someone else in this thread appreciates a pair of homosexual characters that are portrayed real well.

As for Patriot...I don't know, maybe there's more to his powers than just Wreckgar's spoiler. I wouldn't be surprised.

At this point, though, I'm really looking forward to Teen-Vision coming on as the YA mentor and new leader. That's my prediction, anyway.

16. Ramberk Magnus

I wouldn't want Teen Vision as a leader. I see him as a quasi-mentor/stratagist/info person. Remember, he no longer has the experience and wisdom of the old Vision, he's just a lot more powerful because of the Kang armor. I also wonder what his codename will be.

As for team leader? Well Kate and Patriot sure seem to have a hard time sharing that role. Which is quite fun to watch. And when will Kate's codename be revealed also! Next week issue 8 comes out! So everyone be ready for its arrival.

17. Shipwreck

Wait... when did they say they were Gay? From what I read they tried to explain that they were superheros but their just assumed when they said "I have something to tell you" that they thought they were Gay. I don't think it ever says anything about being Gay though.

18. Ramberk Magnus

Woah Shipwreck. I think it just went over your head. The hints and clues were laid out since probably issue #1. Plenty of little hints. The best hint was when Kate told Asgardian had to change his name because he would become the butt of jokes once his relationship with Hulkling was revealed to the public. That was at the end of issue #6.

Think slowly about that slowly. Asgardian. Relationship with Hulkling. BUTT of jokes.

:) 

And yes, they are gay and they are a couple!

19. Wreckgar

News Credits:
    Vision is Vision. He was shown in She-Hulk #1 this week along with Cassie/Stature.

I don't like the idea of no Vision on the mainstram Avengers. I with they would just say "Hey, we have a program file of the adult Vision, let's upload it!" PRESTO!

20. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    I'm of just the opposite mind; I'm GLAD Vision is no longer on the mainstream team. To me, he was always just too...alien. I didn't really like the stories he was in during Avengers vol.3, to be honest. (I was still shocked when he died, as he was a classic character and all)

I think it'll be neat to have Vision be a YA...hell, given the way the story is going, it's probably the ONLY way that Cap and Tony are going to let the YA proceed (if they have the Vision "supervise" them).

I'm happy with the core New Avengers team, though (Cap, Tony, and Sentry). I can see Cage, Spider-Man and -Woman, and Wolverine all leaving, but those three are the new core to me.