Customs: You would think I would have learned my lesson by now?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Cycrolus, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    So just shot a piece of plastic in my eye while dremeling. Add this to my list of cutting myself several times, tangling the blade on my dremel in my shirt, burning myself on a soldering iron, smashing a finger while pounding a pin in, pinching myself with different things, you would think I would take better precautions. But I get an idea in my head and I jump on it, safety to the wind. Anyone else?

2. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guilty as charged. Makes me glad whenever I AM working in my workshop, I'm usually wearing my regular prescription glasses, even though I forget to put the safety ones over them

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I've had my stylus slip on me while drilling and grinding and have had it dig into my fingers. Some minor skin tearing and a little bit of blood, but nothing that a good cleaning and a bandage couldn't fix. I've also burned the tips of my fingers with a soldering iron. It happens. I typically wear safety glasses and a mask when dealing with anything that's going to shoot up debris. I'd wear safety gloves, but I don't want to lose my dexterity. Plus, I only wear latex ones and that's whenever I'm handling painted parts and putty. They definitely won't protect me from a rotary tool and soldering iron.

4. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    We suffer for our craft. It is the way of the artist :) 

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Definitely wear the eye protection. I find myself working without it a lot while using my Dremel, but I also don't hold my head or face over it. When discs break or parts fly, they generally fly in the direction the wheel is spinning. So if I happen to be cutting without eyewear, I point that junk away and cut slowly.

But yes, I think we've all cut ourselves or injured ourselves at some point. It's always best to play it safe though.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yep, this is pretty much anything once goes about to do in this life.

Sometimes, I slice my fingertips with a blade, but that's about it. Most of the other stuff I can just take.

I have to say that I always hate it when I'm working, and I realize, "Yep, this is gonna happen (whether that's my fingertips sliced or whatever)", cuz it usually does. :lol 

You guys just be careful when you do this stuff!

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The smell of melted plastic is gross.