You Vs Child in the Toy Aisle...what do you do?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

so you're in the toy aisle and you come across the last <toy youve been dying to have for who knows how long> and there is a kid along with you...you see him trying to reach for it but he cant reach...no one else is in the aisle with you...what do you do?

2. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

let him have it and buy it some other time it is just a toy

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Let the kid have it, every time.

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Double QFT

5. jezones

jezones REEVERS!!!

i usually wait until the kid walks away from the section that i am interested in. most of the time if a kid is by himself he can reach anything he wants. if he walks away everything is fair game

6. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be a softy and give it to him. As much as I don't like kids, I do remember that feeling of running into the toy isle to get a toy of your favorite childhood character. I particularly remember that feeling when I got my BW Silverbolt back when it came out. I miss that toy so much. :( 

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ask the kid if he's reaching for the one you're dying to have, if he says yes, grab it, wave it in front of him and say "next time grow 6 inches!" as you go running from the isle giddy as a little girl.

Seriously though if the kid really wanted the same figure I wanted and it was the only one, I'd let the kid have it. As adults there will be plenty of opportunities to acquire said figure, esp a retail figure. As fans the scenario you describe is our chance to help foster the next generation of fans.

8. Spoon

Spoon Banned

See, I just assumed you meant that in a violent way.

9. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say BITCH HAND IT OVER
    jk I'd give it to him

10. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

x2, this is exactly how i see it

11. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i take it and give em the stare down.......im intimidating looking...............
    ........................................then say, oh...is this the one you want and hand it to him ....and check out his mom on the way by.....lol

12. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    You'll get two responses to this:

1 - Let the kid have it, it's just a toy, it'll mean more to the kid. As an adult, you'll be able to get it online somewhere, and/or be able to hunt again for it much easier than a kid can. This also helps engender another generation of TF fans.

2 - Survival of the fittest. If you get it first, then it's yours, the kid learns an important life lesson. The kid may not know how rare/short-packed a certain TF is, whereas you do, and it's your nth time hunting for it.

On a couple of occasions I've helped out stumped parents looking for a certain TF for their kid, or whether to get Legends/FAB/Deluxe etc. of a character.

Whether a TF is a kid's or mine has fortunately never occurred yet, I like to think that I'd go with point 1, but the mercenary b______ in me might go with point 2 :D 

EDIT: I need to type faster, as there were no responses to this thread when i started!

13. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do that all the time I love it : P

14. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Hell, if he wants the same figure I want, he's got some good taste. Give the kid a pat on the head and hand it over.

15. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Give the toy to the kid.

I have seen 2 grown adults brawling in TRU during the Movie craze over a concept Camaro BB. The kid was going to reach for the toy on the pegs, then suddenly a guy bolted out of nowhere and grabbed the toy. Then to my surprise ANOTHER guy came from behind the guy and was about to give a choke slam to the guy holding the Camaro BB. They fought for a few mins before the mall cops came and dispersed them. The TRU store manager then gave the dropped toy to the kid.

But I can see the kid is pretty disturbed over the incident. let's not scar their childhood.

16. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I would let the kid have it. Once, There was one time lasty ear were I finally found concept bumblebee, and a kid was looking for the same guy, thankfully, there was one down the isle.

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'd give it to the kid.

But... it's of course, conditional. If this kid's misbehaving him/herself (crying, whining, carrying on, just being a general pain in the butt), screw em, they can learn to behave in public, THEN they can have their toy.

18. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    unless its something I mildly want id give it to him but if its Cyclonus or Hound which I want extremely bad and I have the money to buy em im taking em lol

well thats a bit much I wanted him too but I didnt want him THAT bad then again I wasnt really into TFs the way I am now at that time lol

19. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    This defies belief, at the end of the day, they're toys, toys I tells ya!

Agreed, screaming, having a tantrum kids will lose out. (I run a restaurant, so know all too much about uncontrolled kids)

20. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    Selfishness comes first. Try to hand the kid a nearby, different toy. If he objects, give him the right toy. If he takes it and leaves, take the toy you wanted.