You think the ebay seller is lying to me about dmk 02 bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by avc-prime, Dec 6, 2011.

1. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

So I won this bumblebee
    Takara Tomy Transformers DMK02 Bumblebee Dual Model Kit 1/35th Scale | eBay

then I get a message saying this.

Dear alfredyguy,

alfredyguy

Somethings went wrong thru the bidding process. see alfedyguy was still bidding for the item,when in fact the item was already sold and picked up by a local man and leaved. now we dont have the DMK02 anymore that alfredyguy won thru bidding. what are you thoughts on this mr alfredyguy, pls keep back in touch with us ASAP

- donpillpopper

You guys think he just didn't like the ending price since he had also the optimus for sale and it ended very high.

Takara Tomy Transformers DMK01 Optimus Prime Dual Model Kit 1/35th Scale | eBay

Im just irritated they sell it on ebay then you take your chances if you don't like it do it for buy it now and set your own price. Should I neg him.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

donpillpopper...

Hmm...

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow......is alfredyguy you? If so, why is this guy talking to you as if....

Then again I guess the guy's name says it all.

4. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

just irritates me that is all, some take it to ebay to make more money and when they don't like to play by the rules they make up this crap.

5. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give him negative feedback. If he receives enough then he won't be able to continue pulling this stunt. I've been a victim myself, so I know how annoying it can be.

6. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Id say inquire a little first, politely and diplomatically, that shit he said made no sense whatsoever. I think its exactly like you think too, but do your due diligence trying to find out the exact reason transactions not able to be completed, and if all evidence still points to him being a dick.. neg it up I say too.

As much as I hate that shit hes pulling, I hate ppl prematurly or unjustly leaving neg fb (not that you are/would be, at all).

7. luclin999

luclin999 Well-Known Member

Create a 2nd Ebay account and send him a message from it through the closed BumbleBee listing of:

------------------------------

Oh Wow~ I wish I had seen this before it sold!!! I would have paid a LOT more than that for Bumblebee! Please let me know if you post any new listings for this item!

------------------------------

The message above does not violate Ebay's terms as you are NOT offering to buy the item directly just asking to be notified if he lists another one.

If he sends back a message though offering to sell you a BB or lists it again then not only is HE violating Ebay's terms but you also know that he still has the one that you legitimately purchased in the original listing and is just trying to back out of the sale.

8. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd follow this protip and see what happens.

9. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I've done that and caught so many lies in the past.
    Money Money Money (Abba)

That's why I don't care if I pay a small premium for G1's. I have my sellers I trust.

10. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, I think he is lying, but we cant's prove it. What you can do is flag him for listing an item whichhe doesn't have possession of, which is against ebay terms of use. Also, keep an eye on his account and if he lists another one, contact him and let him know he is obligated to sell you that at the price you already won one for.

-Silvershot

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    So you're contimplating giving a seller negative feedback because he told you (I'm assuming before you paid) that the figure you won was accidentially sold to a local customer and hence unavailable?

You didn't loose any money, you didn't get the wrong figure, just move on.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    See if you can find it cheaper or similar price if you find it a little more money ask the other seller to match the one you won's price. then you will get your item and not be out of pocket.

Though if you won something super cheap that may not work.

13. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    really, its his choice if he wants to leave negative. he won an item that was not "available" even though it went the full course of an auction. Sometimes there might be an oversight if you sold something off of ebay and then someone hit the buy it now button before you removed the listing, but you don't just sell something locally and forget you had it on ebay. You can't tell me the seller wasn't on there a number of times during the course of the auction either as he was selling a number of other items that sold during the time frame for above MSRP, so the fact that the DMK BB went under MSRP didn't have an impact on the local sale. I would keep my eye on the seller and message ebay with the info if he relists the DMK BB in a short time frame.

remember ebay sellers- ebay is only fair to buyers, so if you do something shady like in the OPs case, be prepared for negative feedback.

14. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

I have been burned many times by this. I got a great item at a really good price then, OOPS I am sorry I forgot I sold this already. I have no sympathy for this, its all about attention to detail. I would drop the hammer on him..

15. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Doooo it!

16. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

You forgot one word........ THOR!

THOR BAN HAMMER!

17. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That shouldn't matter, the seller still dropped the ball, regardless of if he's lying about the product or not.

I think selling the product locally and forgetting about a pending ebay auction still warrants some negative feedback imo.

18. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    They did auction off an item and then say it was no longer available.

But leaving negative feedback beyond that may get messy, and be counter productive since proof comes from use of a second account to goad the seller into admitting what they've done.

eBay would quite probably remove said feedback. They know very well that sellers do this, or misuse the system in other ways and will probably take measures to cover it up.

If they'd stop sellers from leaving negative feedback to create the illusion of buyer security, to save their own necks from accusations of abusing their monopoly, they'd certainly do that.

19. Optimal Tucker

Optimal Tucker Optimal Optimus

Doesn't matter what people say. Ebay is a contract. You won, he backed out. Leave negative feedback and report it to Ebay.

If he's typically honest his mostly positive feedback will overcome this forgetful hiccup. If he's dishonest you are helping everyone else out and creating proof/evidence.

I backed out of a set of Marvel Legends when my girl got them for my birthday. I didn't get mad about the neg FB...I deserved it. And my other 100+ positive FBs make up for it.