You sure there's going to be a Wii version of FOC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by PRIMEMAN3457, Feb 19, 2012.

1. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    You guys think any studio is going to bother making a Wii version for FOC, even after the disappointment from "Cybertron Adventures"?

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I highly doubt there's a Wii version. But a Transformers Prime for the Wii is coming out. NY Toyfair had the case up for it.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Not a chance it seems. However there will be the Prime game coming later this year for the Wii. Hopefully it'll be good if not as great as FOC.

4. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    There will not ever be a good TF game on the Wii ever, pretty much confirmed considering all the previous ones have sucked and the Wii U is coming out this year.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well who knows? Maybe Prime can suprise us and be a great game!

6. Stone Violet

Stone Violet Female Decepticon

Really?I enjoyed Cybertron Adventures it tied alot of the story together for War for Cybertron as for the Wii U it will probably be another epic fail.

7. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Why do you think the Wii U will fail?

8. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Fixed. The only good games on wii are those like Super Mario Allstars and apparently the Mario Galaxy Games

9. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

God.. i'm probably going to sound like an insane Nintendo fanboy... but

There are many great games for the Wii, it is just unfortunate that the great games are buried under piles of garbage. For every No More Heroes there are 8 party games thrown together in half a year to cash in on nintendo's big console. None the less, there are plenty of fantastic games for the Wii. Many of them are the standard nintendo titles, but that really doesn't take away from those titles for those who like them. I'm not going to make a list of great games to prove a point, but trust me, they are there.

I'm actually expecting the Wii U to be a crazy success. First off, regardless of what anyone might tell you, the Wii is a crazy success, as it has outsold both competing consoles. It just so happens that the success is mostly from the casual market, as the weaker third party support has really hurt the Wii's sales from the hard core gaming market. The Wii U on the other hand is looking to fix that. While I am personally confident that Nintendo will hold onto the casual market, they are also making an effort to return hardcore gamers to nintendo. They have upgraded the Wii U's graphics to HD for the sole purpose of increasing third party support, as well as hiring a bunch of fantastic programmers from various companies like Naughty Dog (the creators of Uncharted) and there are plenty of announced (but untitled) third party games from major companies.

Honestly, I'm not sure why i'm even going into this. I'm not a nintendo fanboy by any means, when I had the choice I bought a PS3, and I recently got a Wii only cause it was given to me for free. I guess I just like to clarify facts to those who seem to lack them...?

As for FOC on the Wii, that can't possibly happen due to the lack of third party support. By this I mean that the wii lacks HD graphics, which means that High Noon studeos would literally have to make the game twice, once with HD graphics and one with SD graphics. This is why cybertron adventures was made, as it was a quick way of throwing a game onto the wii for the kids. Honestly, I doubt they will do this again as the game got critically panned. The only option is to have the game on the Wii U, which is a possibility. Arkham city, for example, will be a launch title for the Wii U, despite being out on other systems for quite some time.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    No. You can't even move in Cybertron Adventures.

So pleh.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hell no. It would suck. The Wii's a good console but isn't good for these kind of games.

12. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

A better question is why he said "another" epic fail, when the Wii was an enormous success. Nintendo can only hope for many more "epic fails" of that kind.

"Apparently" makes it pretty clear you haven't played them. This makes for very dubious credentials as far as judging games.

13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Please :peoples: 

Don't be so easily led and try out some of them sometime. I suggest you start with Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. A game doesn't need shooting, fighting, blood and gore to be any good.

Mario Allstars is just a remake of the SNES version.......

14. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    But it needs violence for anybody above 13... Can you really see a 16 year-old guy playing super Mario galaxy... I think not...

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I have.

It's weird.

16. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Do you mind using sarcastic html tags, as I'm not sure if you are being serious...