You say it's complete, but it isn't

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Satomiblood, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Check out this listing: G1 Computron

You know, I really hate it when a listing is described as "COMPLETE" OR "100%" and it isn't. I realize I'm not alone in this sentiment. However, I have to give him kudos for displaying Computron beside the guidebook to ensure buyer confidence, but take a close look at Strafe's missiles.

Now he claims to have written in the item description that they're not Strafe's missiles, but I don't see it anywhere. Now watch him throw that in as if it was there all along.

2. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Yeah, have to be extreme careful with those type of sellers, alot of times when they say complete, what they realy means is "complete with everything to form computron"

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Here's the response I received :

Quite a BS response to justify being 'complete'.

4. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    "the way that you can tell they are authentic, is you can rub the little window on the back and if the transformer face appears, it is authentic, i did this on every transformer i am listing today".

You know, cuz the rub symbols haven't ever been duplicated or anything.

What a tool.

5. Satomiblood

Lol. Okay.

6. King_Grimlock

King_Grimlock Well-Known Member

Granted, that he shouldn't be claiming that it is 100%, but when you read things like "the way that you can tell they are authentic, is you can rub the little window on the back and if the transformer face appears, it is authentic, i did this on every transformer i am listing today" clearly tells you that he doesn't know what he is talking about. When I read things like this, I am more likely to either pass or at least question the condition of the product among other things about it(like whether it is complete).

7. Satomiblood

This is true, but he may be a little more savvy than we give him credit for considering he's using a guidebook. Then again, it doesn't look as if the smaller individual parts are even listed to give you an idea of what comes with what sort of like TFU.info. Transformers - especially G1 - is a very delicate hobby to get into even if you're just a novice seller. Oh well, I should at least cut him some slack if that's the case.

8. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah but isn't the Computron form complete? I don't know since mine isn't but if it is, then he isn't lying, he's just not mentioning that the individual bots aren't

9. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Even just for computron it's not complete because of the missiles for Strafe.

10. King_Grimlock

King_Grimlock Well-Known Member

Well, when you say 100% complete, collectors expect that it means including the individual weapons. The problem is when you have non collectors like this guy selling things, their version of complete is totally different. Although, like Satomiblood pointed out, if he was using the picture as a guide, he should clearly see that the weapons are different. Maybe he just saw that both were orange and didn't look further into it.