You Like Castlevania, Don't You?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Primevil, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I recently bought the Castlevania Double Pack for GBA, and I'm going to be giving a presentation about Symphony of the Night for my Intro to Interactive Design and Game Development class. So now I have Castlevania on the brain.

I'm approximately halfway through Harmony of Dissonance, and it's been fun so far. Everything about it feels like what playing Symphony as Richter should have been. As in everything cool that Alucard could do: use magic, collect items and relics, gain experience, etc.

And that's probably all of the appeal of Harmony. Symphony was my first Castlevania game, and I still love it to this day. Everything about it made it great: graphics, monsters, items, spells, relics, and the soundtrack. In fact, to date, this is the only game I've actively sought out the soundtrack to purchase. Best $16 I've ever spent. :D 

I'm really looking forward to playing Aria of Sorrow, but it has to wait until I finish Harmony. I think it would feel strange playing through two similar, but different games at the same time.

But when I finally get to play it, Aria of Sorrow will be the fourth Castlevania game I've played. The other three being Symphony, the original, and Harmony. If the demo of Lament of Innocence counts, then I've played five. And I find that sad, considering I'm a fan of the series.

That's why I really wish Konami would release a Castlevania collection, especially since 2006 is the 20th Anniversary (of Vampire Killer). They've made 23 games, and I doubt I'm the only person that wants them all in one collection. Of course, five of them (Harmony, Aria, Dawn of Sorrow, Lament of Innocence, and Curse of Darkness) are a little too recent to be included, but still. I'd love to get the other 18 games. Hell, I've wanted to play Super Castlevania IV since I first saw the two-part strategy in Game Players back in 1991.

So, I'm hoping I'm not the only Castlevania fan here. :D 

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Castlevania 2-D is the way it should be....and a Castlevania Collection would be awesome, they could do a GBA collection and a GC/XB/XB360/PS2/PS3/REV collection of the rest

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I would pee myself with delight for a Castlevania collection. I wouldn't even need all of them. I'd go for a collection that had 1, 2, 3, 4, Dracula X, and SOTN.

4. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

YES! But only slightly more then Duke Nukem. Somebody needs to bring him back.
    I have both dawn of sorrow and curse of darkness but have yet to play either of them.
    I would love a castlevania collection too.

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Wouldn't mind seeing remakes done in a similar fashion as capcoms been doing with Maverick Hunter X and Extreme Gouls and Ghosts.

6. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I have SoTN, Circle, Harmony, and Lament. Just won Aria and Dawn off ebay (for 25 shipped :)  ) so those will be my next two. Played the original too, but not all the way through.

Definately love the series, and even if the console ones have gone 3d (anyone played Curse? how is it?) i'm pretty happy that we're getting classic 2d ones on the handhelds.

And MGS quote ftw.

7. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

While ago(like 3+ years) there was a PC set that had CastleVania 1 and 2(dont think 3 was on it), and 2 other Konami games.

8. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I'm still waiting for when I can play castlevania 2 on my gameboy.

9. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I'm a fan. The series has a great story line. Been a fan since I was a kid, ever since I saw Castlevania 2 for the first time. And boy, was SoTN ever a great game.

Not a fan of Harmony though...

10. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i buy systems for castlevania. i don't need a collection personally, but it's not a bad idea. not sure how i'd feel about remakes, i don't like to mess with originals. i just want them to keep pumping out new ones (2D only!).

11. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

I still haven't played any Castlevania game yet. But the MGS quote guaranteed me paying attention to the dicussion. Psycho Mantis was the shit.

:ev: 

12. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

All 3 NES, the SNES, SOTN and all the GBA games so far are super fabtabulous!

13. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Same here, as I have never played Dracula X, would love to get ahold of that. Would be great on either PSP or DS. Probably gonna pick up the 2 in one GB cart and the DS version. I would have 3 versions of Castlevania goodness on my DS.

14. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I would in ahearthbeat pay for that

15. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

How come? There seems to be a large group that don't like Harmony, but i've never really read why.

16. Wing alpha

Not sure I liked it... a bit.

I actually like better how you play a belmont in dawn of sorrow. better

but it has its merits, story wise wasnt as cool
    as aria or down of souls.

17. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I'd kill for a compilation of the PC-Engine version of Dracula XX and a version of Castlevania: SOTN with all the content of the Sega Saturn release.

18. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Oh hell yes.

I'm really not sure why they haven't brought over Dracula X yet. Fans have only been screaming for it for YEARS now, and IGA knows it.

-XCN-

19. Wing alpha

better yet include the 1999 battle with the young julius and Alucard-yeah there is something similar in Dawn of souls but I wanna see that damn 1999 battle.

20. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Gotta love Castlevania man, it's one of the classics. Been playing Dawn of Sorrow (DS) like crazy since I got it last week. So awesome :thumbs2: