You know what would be a cool design for an Alt-Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by thefrozenred, Sep 8, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Inevitably, given the movie and Classics like, we're going to get an Alt-Bumblebee. Maybe not as a VW Bug, but still.

Anyway, you know that one old Dreamwave G1 v.3 cover, where it's Bumblebee with a gun as big as he is? What if they designed an Alt-Bumblebee (using whichever befitting car), but only used 2/3s of the car for Bumblebee, whereas that last third would be used to make him a BFG? Ie, the entire area under the hood, instead of hiding arms, legs, etc, would hide a massive cannon, and the area consisting of the driver's cabin to the trunk would transform into the robot itself?

This would allow the designers to keep Bumblebee a smaller robot while also providing him with a very cool and unique feature that sets him apart from the other Bots/Cons. Personally, I think this would be the best route to go with 'Bee; I mean, the alternative is to give him a robot mode in scale with his brethren, and to me, that doesn't seem in keeping with his history and character (hence why the Classics one is short, too).

2. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    neat idea.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

That's a neat idea.... I've only got two issues with it. First off, I generally don't like when chunks of the alt mode break off and become accessories... shields, guns, whatever. It always seems like a cheat. Also.... I dunno, I just don't see Bumblebee with a big gun, especially when standing next to the pea-shooters the other Alts have. If they did do something like this, I think it would be more likely that they would have the detachable section turn into some sort of rocket-pack like the Classic's version.

It would be cool if Bumblebee (and the inevitable Cliffjumper) were the shortest Alts.... but I think they could do it within the transformation scheme without removing parts. I mean, look at Overdrive/Decepticharge.... they have the smallest car mode or the Alts, but they turn into some of the tallest, leanest robots. Bumblebee could have a normal-sized car mode and turn into a short, stocky bot.

But hey, never hurts to speculate! It's fun! :) 

4. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Cool idea.

Although, I'm going to settle with using Classics Bumblebee and Classics Cliffjumper in my Alternators lineup - the scale of those two in relation to the rest of the ALT's will actually work out well in the end.

So, for me, the only missing G1 Season 1 ALT homages will be Ironhide, Ratchet, Brawn, Gears, & Huffer

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I would say that the movie Bumblebee is the alt. bumblebee since he is an officially licensed Camaro.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmmm, so here's a question for ya..... will Movie Bumblebee ever be recolored into Cliffjumper? :)  Seems a bit unlikely, but poor Cliffjumper.

7. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

That would be a better neat idea and a new twist on the line, although i'm also not the bigsest fan of section of the alt mode being use for weapons, but i would really care to much. Also I do think that movie Bumblebee would fit into the Alt line due to his size, he would actually be bigger then most in the line at the 1:24 scale something like 8" casue he's 16' tall, but then it all depends on the size of the car too... so it makes me think now, how does his robot mode even fit in the Carmeo. huh? I think that the toys will be out of scale anyway, even out of scale between robot and vehicle mode.

8. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Alt Bumblebee should be a Smart car.

9. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

That would be pretty neat, i wouldn't disagree with that at all.

10. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

After seeing the Classics Bumblebee, I'm not sure if we need an Alt.

However, I've always thought that Alt BB should be a Peugeot 306.

11. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bumblebee is a Volkswagen Beetle!! lol