You Know what I find Annoying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asterios, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Asterios

Asterios Well-Known Member

I find it Annoying when I send PMs for items i'm interested in and the seller has time to make posts and repost their sales thread but can't be bothered to respond to PM's.

2. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i hate appyoing threads in tfs movie main threads like which city is next

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well, here's what I do. If someone does this (doesn't reply to me in some way), I'll send em a polite reminder (usually by way of a visitor message) in a day or so because I understand that people are busy & that things get forgotten about. In other words, I don't like to assume the worst, especially since I know it can get hectic when you're selling a lot of stuff & getting a lot of messages.

However, if they still don't respond after that, I just move on & consider myself lucky to've simply been done with the person/situation before money or items got exchanged. I also keep a list of everyone who does this to me (or who I have other reasons of similar nature to stay away from), and well... make it a point not to contact or do business with them in the future. Like, I'm not gonna publicly blacklist people on my sales thread or anything couse I think that's kinda childish (although I wouldn't hold it against anyone who does this), but rather that I keep a record of things for my own purposes to avoid wasting my time again. Also, and as funny as this is to say, about half the people I've PMd about sales on here have done this to me (if not more), many of which where I basically say that I'd like to buy something they have listed & that I'll pay as soon as they get back to me. All they have to do is come back at me with a total price & they'll have my money + great feedback once its over, but they never do, even after multiple contact attempts from me.

... in either case, the important thing to remember is that not everyone on here has the best of manners or business sense, and that it's really not worth getting worked up over. Just do your part, and if they make it a point not to do theirs, just make it a point not to move on & not approach them again. Also, don't assume the worst until its been at least 2-3 days, and don't be afraid to give em a polite reminder in the meantime because if it really was an honest mistake, then both of you will be grateful.

Edit - Also, don't let a few bad experiences make you bitter toward others, and don't let the negative experiences affect your overall outlook of the community because for every asshole, there's at least one very decent person who's gonna go above & beyond to make you day.

4. Asterios

Thing of it is,I won't remind them if they ignore my messages that tells me they don't want my business.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I find it annoying when people comment on yoru profile and then delete it.

why because the number changes to like 6 or 7 and it takes a few days to rustle up some conversations to remove them.

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i put them on my iijore list

7. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    I get that, but what if they spent 20 minutes writing a reply, opened another tab, and then closed it by mistake while thinking they they've sent it & that you're the one ignoring them? What if they got 7 PMs that day, read all of em, and then only send 6 replies because the title of your message was the same as another (or that you have a similar username), thus giving them a false belief that they got back to you? I've ignored someone by mistake like this once & I felt terrible about it, mostly because they were a new member who likely got turned off from a lot more than just one of my transformers because of it. I got back to em later on when I realized what was up (I thought their PM came from somebody I was already in talks with who asked about the same thing so I never replied) & they were cool about it, but still.

Like, I understand where you're coming from here, and I could probably write a book on the shit like this that annoys me... but I also think there's something equally valid to be said about giving people the benefit of the doubt & doing your part to avoid a problem before it happens. As most things involving other people are, its often a two way street, and its also how the world works, largely for this reason. In either case, and like I added to my last post, don't let a few bad experiences make you bitter toward others, and don't let the negative experiences affect your overall outlook of the community because for every asshole, there's at least one very decent person who's gonna go above & beyond to make you day.

@Autovolt: I think its awesome that you brought that up ahah. Like if nothing else, it makes the person whose messages aren't deleted look like an idiot because when somebody else goes to read it. looks like you spent the entire day talking to yourself. It's also the same when they edit all of their posts into random emoticons (as someone did to me last year), pretty much for the same reason.

8. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    How great X character is.

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    The Fandom.

10. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Like when I brokered a deal for something.

He ended up putting it out on ebay, we worked out a price then he went awol.

Cost himself money cause it jumped out the gate fast $$$ wise then stayed flat.

Guess the joke is on him.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    But technically you are a part of the fandom and you find the fandom annoying Therefore you are annoying to yourself.

:p 

12. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    You are correct sir.

13. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it annoying when people take long to respond to PMs in general.

14. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Dude in the few years that I've been here I've maybe checked the messages tab three times. Don't get offended. More than likely the offer you sent stunk. It's no big deal, offers are meant for a reason. I send offers for the amount of money that I have available for me to spend. Most of the time, if a seller wants 100 dollars for something, I'll offer like...40 bucks? Why, because I may only have like 70 dollars to spend. If we both still want to deal, we'll haggle. But that's it. If it's "lowballing" then so be it. I offered a price and they didn't respond. It happens to all of us man don't take it personally.

The best thing in life to learn is the ability to ignore people, it really is a virtue.

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

You're preaching to the choir.

16. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Speaking of which, another thing that annoys me is when you get tricked into watching a really shitty youtube video (such as by a hot girl thumbnail or cool title), only to get there & be unable to leave a hateful comment or even neg it.

17. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Idiots who post the wrong pics (mostly spam) in the wrong group/pool on Flickr.

This. Not to mention a great majority of the comments on Youtube.

:lolol 

18. Asterios

If I had sent offers I could see that but I sent requests for shipping Quotes for the items I wanted.

19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    1- when members think they are mods.

2- when people want to trade their $100 figure for $400 of your stuff. People really over value their shit and under value your shit. BY A LOT.

3- No, you should not get eBay price. You should get at least 15% less then what an ebay price is. Why? Because when selling on eBay, you have to pay the eBay fees, plus the damn paypal fees and in the long run I could still fuck you over as a buyer. When you sell on TFW, your not getting fucked over and people are paying you in gift. So stop being so f'ing greedy. People will find their shit elsewhere for cheaper. TRUST ME.

20. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

1 - banned members make new accounts on here after they banned on here
    2 - i hate war threads