You know, if they do put Arcee in a sequel...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kickback, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    She'll end up being Mikaela's protector and probably be her scooter or some sort of motorcycle.

It makes too much sense not to happen like that.

2. Snarl2289

Snarl2289 Well-Known Member

Like the idea

Her alt-mode options :

This ???:dunce 

[​IMG]

Or this ???:D 

[​IMG]

Or this :

[​IMG]

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Given that was basically her role in an old draft and given that they've already spent however many dollars working on her CGI model I'd say it's a pretty safe bet she'll be in the sequel. I still hope that she never shows up though.

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    And she can be Bumblebee's girlfriend. :yuck 

5. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    I really don't want any of the third Series characters in, I want to stick to S1 and S2... If they put Arcee in it won't take long for Hot Rod *Crys*

I got nothing against Arcee, she was originaly going to be in, but I just don't want Hot Rod or the others in.

But if one had to be put in out of that series, I would say Springer would be a good choice.

6. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

It doesn't really matter because the movie is so different from the original cartoon, it will pretty much be an "in name only" type of deal.

The only characters in the movie that stayed close to their G1 personalities were Optimus & Jazz. Might've been a slight trace in Ironhide, but the rest had nothing to do with G1.

7. killerjak7

killerjak7 Active Member

what about tital wave?

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I really don't want her to be in the movie, I can see them making her so stereotypical female :( 

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yah what about tidal wave he whould be so awsome in the sequal

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Nope no traces of G1 ironhide at all if it was peter cullen or sam eilliot whould of voiced him

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Unfortunatly, I agree. Never since BW and kinda BM has there been a female TF who isn't retarded girly-girl. (Blackarachnia doesn't count because in BW, it was all part of here manipulative character)

12. X-Brawn

X-Brawn Well-Known Member

If they put Arcee in a movie of course she's going to be a girly-girl? Have we forgotten the entire reason Arcee was put in the 1986 movie in the first place?

Were Arcee not in TFTM, you'd have a movie with literally an all-male cast. Arcee was created for TFTM for the same reason that Lola Bunny was created for Space Jam: to have a female character that the women can "relate to". Never mind the fact that Transformers was a series primarily aimed at boys...

If they put Arcee in the movie, her entire purpose will be the token female character that she's always been. And I'm willing to bet that she'll be just as useless and tacked-on as she was in G1.

List of Arcee's accomplishments in G1:
    - Reminding the Autobots that Kup and Hot Rod are still outside Autobot City when it transformed.
    - Nearly missing the escape shuttle, allowing a moment of tension in the movie
    - Accidentally shooting the inside of Unicron, causing it to flood (although I will grant her that in a roundabout way, she saved Spike, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Jazz because had she not done that, Daniel wouldn't have been taken to the smelting pit.)
    - Being Springer's wisecracking "gunner" in FFoD
    - Getting capped in the knee by Cyclonus in the Autobots' tomb
    - Being turned into a human along with Rodimus, Magnus and Springer (though that ep was kinda cool)
    - Becoming Daniel's Headmaster body

Now, compare that with any other Autobot like say... Wheelie...
    - Directing the Dinobots to the Sharkticon pit to save Hot Rod and Kup
    - Delivering Metroplex's transforming cog with Blurr (though royally screwing the mission up several times...)
    - Saving Daniel from Cyclonus on the Autobot records asteriod
    - Speaking in annoying rhymes throughout the movie and series in a whiny girly voice

So you can basically say that Arcee was more useless than Wheelie in G1. And everyone hates Wheelie...

13. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

ARCEE should look like one of these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I say step one in making her less of a stereotypical girly-girl type character, is ditch the barbie-pink color scheme. Fuscha, or even a shade of purple would automatically decrease her token status, at least visually.

15. Squirrel!

Squirrel! Active Member

sorry but a pink girl robot would ruin the movie for me. k thnx.

16. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

[​IMG]

ARCEE crash lands in East L.A.

17. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    Aside from the diff in voice acting, Ironhide was still kind of his shoot-first-ask-later type guy.. he wasn't as loud as he was in G1 though and he had a slight brit accent...

18. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

how about a dark color, and have her be the girl who shows up and saves the guy autobot's asses, I'd dig it.

19. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    How did tidal wave become such a popular character as SS, soundwave, shockwave and those guys all of a sudden? I honestly dont hold him up there in the list of favorite decepticons or autobots.

20. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I actually like the idea of Arcee being Mikaela's motorcycle; it would be a good way of incorporating the whole humans-teaming-with-Autobots aspect (something that was pretty poorly executed in the Unicron trilogy IMO).
    As for whether or not to have season 3 characters, well my brother and I were talking about this after we saw the movie. We came up with a question: If you could add one Autobot and one Decepticon into the cast for the sequel, then who would you choose? For an Autobot, I said Hot Rod simply because I'm one of the rare fans of Hot Rod. For a Decepticon, I said Galvatron; I'm not a fan of Galvatron, but if they're going to use a new villain, then he makes sense.
    The problem with Hot Rod, though, is that Hasbro sponsored the movie but Takara owns the rights to the name Hot Rod. Granted the producers could probably pay for the rights to use the name with relative ease, but I just don't see it happening.