You know, Hasbro has a perfect Megatron body to turn into Galvatron, and they don't!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dr Kain, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Didn't you just prove yourself wrong here?

Anyway, scale is debatable for the cartoon. I've seen combiners almost the same size as the leaders. Aside from the bases the size scales varied greatly from episode to episode.

2. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Wait are you speaking about me or Dr Kain?

But yeah I agree, scale is debatable for the cartoon.

3. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    um....

nothing to see here...move along:redface2: 

Note to self: Do not post right after waking up.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Not what I said, but okay. I never said it wasn't profitable (no honest way of saying either way unless you have Hasbro's books). But it's not the cash cow the first movie line became. Not even close. And as I said, Classics didn't have to continue after that.

5. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

How does it make sense to turn 2007 movie Stockade into Gears?

Honestly, the mold would make for an interesting Galvatron despite the original use of the mold. And since Hasbro seems to have a problem giving us decent galvatrons I'd buy it in an instant.

6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

This... people saying "but it's Megatronnnnnn" don't seem to get the idea... it's not a good WfC Megatron upgraded to Galvatron, but rather a good G1 Galvatron (maybe an upgrade of Classics Megatron).

7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Not quite. What you see in WFC and read in Exodus ARE the events that lead to TFP. The flash backs in Darkness rising are straight outta both. Just with TFP's art style. Hell Primus IS the core of Cybertron you see in WFC, they use the exact same model. However as the decision to use WFC as a prequel was made when both it and TFP were both far along in development to change either they just went fuck it, who cares about the art style not matching.

When Hasbro is talking about aligned continuity they mean ignore the pictures, look at the storyline.

8. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Hasbro says aligned but things don't really match up well. IIRC High moon said wfc is it's own continuity based on G1 and has nada to do with Prime. I think because it's a hands off cash cow and bonafide hit tf game for hasbro High Moon has made a lot of stances on it and done things their way. IOW it's your typical TF continuity :D 

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Uh no, they even said straight up FOC is going to show how things come into place for the Prime series. That means it is in the same universe and I do not want anything to do with that universe. And G1 to me is the cartoon and only the cartoon. The comics are just side stories that have nothing to do with the cartoon, therefore, their storyline is nulled as far as I am concerned. Transformers G1 univers is G1 cartoon, Beast Wars, and Beast Machines. The comics were too much of a departure from the toon to be related to it.

10. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You want nothing to do with that universe, yet you want to requisition a mold from there?

11. Omega_Sentinel

wait....there was a storyline in G1?

All I remember was: fight, fight, fight ... Megatron falls in Ocean ... fight, fight, fight ... Megatron drowns in Lava ... fight, fight, fight ... Megatron stranded in space ... fight, fight, fight ... Carnage in C Minor

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Except the Prime ashetic also has strong hints of the Animated and G1 asthetic so it's not all purely Movie inspired but you don't see that because it seems that anything that's slightly movie insipired is considred awful to you.:sly:  We ARE certainly getting more generations figures from the franchise Hasbro said said this many times at the different conventions last year. Hasbro DOES care about it's original fanbase too so if you're not into the movieverse and anything inspired from it that's fine but don't go around saying that Hasbro never listens to it's fans and all that because that's slapping them in the face in anything. Just be happy we ARE getting the CHUG figures at all!

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    So what you're saying that the only TF universe worth likeing is the G1 show's countinutiy and the rest can go the scrap? What a way to express your opinons man.

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well it's not that bad but still the G1 show didn't really offer much in terms of story aside from the 1986 movie.

15. Omega_Sentinel

It's a lot like the Dukes of Hazzard.
    I would sit by the TV waiting for it every week and cheered every time the Duke boys jumped a ravine (as the narrator clearly states: "looks like those Duke boys are gonna jump that ravine").
    Was all excited to catch an episode on cable one night. 10 minutes into it I realized that I was really stupid when I was a kid.

....and Carnage in C Minor is THAT bad.

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well we were young back then and we tended to see things a bit better than what they really are.

I meant about the G1 series in general not the episode you've mentioned. I didn't see it but I've heard about how awful it is.

17. Omega_Sentinel

I agree with you about G1. It had its moments but I can't just sit down with some popcorn and watch it for 2 hours. The dialogue and animation makes my brain bleed.

Back on topic though....It's fine if the original release of a mold belongs to a particular series. But they can retool parts of a toy and recolor it and make a good toy that fits in elsewhere. Release this Galvatron in the Generations line since that is what that line is for. It has no bearing on a story or show.

18. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I agree. Aside from MAYBE bee and the Johnny5 eyes I don't really see much movie inspiration in Prime myself. More like a cgi version of animated in aesthetics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well, not every episode could be as excellent as B.O.T. !

20. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

All of which they said before Hasbro made the WFC the prequel to Prime. And now you'll probably never hear it again.

Hey look a an idiotic gwunner. Haven't seen one of them in a while.