You Just HAD To Have It...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFPrime, Apr 25, 2012.

1. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What figure in your collection was the most expensive purchase that you've made---the one you didn't hesitate on price etc, because you just HAD to have it? Why was it that important to you? Any regrets? Where is it now?

Mine is still G1 Fort Max complete and loose, bought it at TFcon a few years back for 600$. A slight bit of yellowing on back but basically ok. I managed to work my display cases a bit so FM can be in there with them all with some minibots and tapes all over him.

Come this summer though, I already have plans for the big guy..
    [​IMG]

I know it'll cost me about 2000$ but I NEED to have this guy in my collection finally..and he'll have a place atop all my other figures too...sigh..few more months away..

UPDATE:

Oh yeah..and then this guy came today..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Grail Achieved!
    [​IMG]

Only problem was I found a toe was broken..but it's a clean break and an easy enough fix..
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    90 shipped for a Classics Skywarp. I had to have him, not only to complete my set of Seekers but to get my favorite Seeker of them all. The most expensive? Definitely Scouting Force X. 98 for it shipped and I'd gladly do it again in a heartbeat.

3. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Back in 2004, masterpiece prime. It was a small hobby/collectors shop in Bristol, and I saw it, picked it up to look at, and just couldn't put it down. The guy behind the counter even commented that I was definitely going to leave with it as I was clutching it like a child with a teddy bear. He was right. Boom. £80 gone!

4. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock.

I just got back into collecting right around the time when this guy was hitting the shelves and many times I saw him on sale for $40-50 but always passed because I thought I would never spend that much money on a toy.

Boy was I wrong.

Ended up paying $80 a year later after messing around with a friend's. Favourite figure in my collection. Now of course I've payed for a whole lot more for a single toy, but this was the first one that gave me the 'psychotic, OCD, have to have it at any cost' type of feeling.

5. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    funny enough I don't think I've ever spent more than $50 for a single figure (TRU reissue soundwave misb, TRU MP Grimlock or MP Rodimus, or ROTF devastator on clearance)- I kind of treat trading the figures as part of the hobby. I have a few pieces that are high dollar value in my collection that I have attained through "upgrading" from what I find at retail and trading up. although the ONE piece I have considered splurging for lately has been munitioner and explorer.

6. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    Thus far my most expensive is the TFC Toys Hercules. Still can't believe I spent that much. He is really cool though. I always wanted a good Devastator toy.

7. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Probably a tie between Takara's TF Collection 00 Convoy (back in 2002) and Masterpiece Grimlock, both around $80

Depending on what Botcon reveals for MP10, I might well plunk down the $150-ish for that.

8. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

I don't usually buy the really expensive stuff. The most expensive thing I have would have to be the City Commander armour for Classics Ultra Magnus. I didn't mind having Magnus as just a white Optimus Prime, but when I saw that armour set I knew I had to pull the trigger.

9. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

It's one of my customs. Absolutely no regrets. It's in a display case.

10. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good topic, and to answer the question, I've had that feeling with FAR too many toys in my collection. Most recently, I've been on a Robot Masters kick. I kind of ignored them when they were available, and now a lot of them are pretty pricey on eBay. Recently, however, I snagged Ehobby Black Victory Saber for 100 bucks despite having gone over my TF budget this month because I've always wanted the set but it usually goes for triple that amount. I also caved and bought RM Thundercracker and Skywarp for 30 dollars shipped because that deal was WAY too good to pass up.

Now I have to find a way to explain to my wife why I dipped into the joint account and spent an extra 100 dollars on "toys"...

11. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    RiD/TF2000 Brave max, $99......thats right $99 from a guy at a japanese army base on ebay and he sold me a second after I bought the first through email. Wish I had grabbed a few more now =/.

12. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    100 shipped for Classics Rodimus/Sidearm/Protector.

I HAD to have this one.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My G1 Overlord - the crown jewel of my collection. Dropped the '$700 shipped' figure that the dealer requested without batting an eye.

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Mine is Darkside Megatron/Waspinator set sealed.

15. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    for me it was Fansproject Protector.
    the moment i saw it i HAD to have it! i didn't have a rodimus at the time when they first showed pics of it but i still needed it.

i managed to find a classics rodimus on the boards for like 15$ shipped and then months later got protector armor when it first came out for 92$ shipped.

so all together 107$ is the most for a figure w/ upgrade

16. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    mmmmmm Yes i had the same problem. I HAD to have The Protector Armor as well as MP Rodimus. I saved like noones business for them.

17. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Rodimus Protector Armor & united Megatron!:D 

18. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Botcon 2006 Tigatron

$226 Shipped.

19. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Well it isn't the MOST I've spent on a figure but it was one I wanted and thought was really cool and just had to have was the two cool "Bro's" Runabout/Runamuck. :D 

Course there are others too I've just had to have...

20. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    It would have to be a tie between Hercules (good gravy, that is a sweet figure) and a 3 pack of Deluxe Leadfoot, Soundwave, and Que that I dropped 178 on.