You have seen pickthehottie.com, how about pick the transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by icefox, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icefox

icefox Black GFC

Playing around the last two evenings I made a fun little page out of all the toybin.org photos (84-86). I present you with your ultimate challenge. Given the choice between two transformers and you can only pick one, which one would you pick to keep on your toy shelf knowing the other one would get left in the trash (or sold at the yard sale, left in the woods, traded at school, or lost)

8. Advertising of other Transformer related websites is permitted within signatures or through the links section of TFW2005.
    Posts or threads to promote such sites will be removed. Non-Transformer sites are generally acceptable, allthough obvious spam will be deleted.

The more votes in the system the better the overall view of how our community sees the original toys. Would you ever actually pick ironhide? (If not why do we keep buying the re-issues) Given the choice between Jetfire and Optimus Prime what do you choose?

Sidenote:
    I sold off most of my 87 and 88 collection four years ago before moving to Norway (84-86 was my main years), but next week I am returning to Boston. Working with the images I am really missing those two years and would like to complete the set. Is there a collector out there in the North East area with a complete (or near complete) 87/88 collection that I could borrow for a week or two for photographing?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

What the fuck is pick the hottie?

3. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

This is gold. Ad more images if you can. I can see myself spending way too much time picking which ones I like more.

4. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

try typing it in.... i didn't know cursing was aloud here, lol. this is really cool, i'm a new collector and just recently picked up my first of a G1 mold (takara collection hot rod. can't wait till he arrives!)

5. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice, can you add more?

6. icefox

icefox Black GFC

A site from several years ago that had its moment of internet fame where you pick which girl is hotter. That was all it did. Girls submitted their own image because they want to see where they rank and guys, well they want to look at girls. The site has expanded sense then to have all sorts of silly options, but at the core it is just picking between two images. At the time there was a similar site (don't recall the name) which was even bigger that let you rate a photo of a girl between 1 and 10. Once you rated a girl it showed the next image. From an algorithmic perspective I believe that the pickthehottie method was superior as it can be much more fine grain letting you compare two photos that would otherwise just get a 10 and be equal (jetfire vs prime for example). Also the 1-10 method from a statistical perspective would have a spike at 1, 4, 7 and 10, hardly evenly distributed.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Good lord.... it's like an endless game of arbitrary rock-paper-scissors! So it just kinda goes on forever, then? I just spent about fifteen minutes solid clicking and picking. :) 

Fun though! Thanks for setting that up! It indulges two of my favorite things: Transformers, and pretending my opinion is somehow meaningful.

Also interesting to see where one diverges from the rest of the fandom, opinion-wise. Once this is a little more built-up, it would be interesting to cross-reference it with the going rates for these figures on eBay, and see if they line up at all.

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Quite fun. A little puzzled when it asked me if I'd rather have Superion or Skydive though.

9. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I could probably click on this forever.

10. icefox

icefox Black GFC

Yah, it would probably be an interesting idea to take the next set of toys and run it through this to see what toys are wanted and in what ratio. Or which alternator is really the best (i.e. which ones do I collect?)

11. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    my favorite choice: Omega Supreme or Huffer...

12. col

col ROCK LORD

News Credits:
    Hah! This is pretty cool! Be great to see this done with other TF lines too!

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sorry, I'm going to have to spoil the fun:

8. Advertising of other Transformer related websites is permitted within signatures or through the links section of TFW2005.
    Posts or threads to promote such sites will be removed. Non-Transformer sites are generally acceptable, allthough obvious spam will be deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.