You ever JUST about to fall asleep...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zeta Otaku, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    and then something stirs you awake?

Tonight, I have the JOY of wildlife. A fucking mocking bird. It's almost 2 AM and it decides that NOW is a good time to sing. It's right outside my window, but can I find it? Noooo. No, of course not. If I had a gun I'd be shooting WILDLY out my window trying to silence it.

Dear Bird,
    I'm fucking tired. Let me sleep. Tomorrow, I'm buying a roasted chicken and hanging it outside my house as a warning to you and your kind. LET THE HUMANS SLEEP!
    Sincerely,
    Zeta

PS> I hate you.

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mock! YEAH! Ing! YEAH! Bird YEAH! Yeah! YEAH! :D 

3. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I have a cat that does all the "Waking-owner-up-just-as-she-falls-asleep" business. Birds honestly lull me to sleep.

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

Yep.....

usually it's my annoying ass neighbors. At night it's the dad who always goes to his car at 3 am and leaves their 1500 watt beacon of a porchlight on.

Or in the mornings when their equally annoying child, who is either autistic or has no freakin excuse, bangs on my door or hits my window with a basketball.

5. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

What pisses me off is when you are just exhausted/dead tired, flop down into a warm bed and juuuuust about to drift off and.....................

.........YOUR FRIGGIN BODY SUDDENLY JERKS YOU AWAKE FOR NO REASON!

I swear, it only happens to me when I'm absolutly dead tired. It happens a couple of times too.

Oh...and I hate when in the summer my friggin neighbor (who's garage window is next my bedroom window) decides to do some welding at 2:00 in the morning. UGH!

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

every work day....it cant be helped...i work nights and sleep during the day...can't a guy sleep at 11am in peace...

...but this past week was the crappiest ever....they are upgrading the apartment upstairs so all i hear is hammers, saws, and drills going on.

7. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

When I was in college, I lived in a townhome with my roomates and once there was a dude banging a hammer at like 2 in the morning. Seriously, why do people get the urge to do home improvement then of all times?

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Because they can't sleep either. :lol 

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Sometimes I'll be laying on the couch and fall asleep for maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Then I'll wake up, shut the tv off and go to bed, only to lie there awake for no reason at all.

Sometimes all it takes is for one stray thought to enter my mind and get it all worked up again. Next thing I know, it's 3am and I still can't go to sleep.

A couple of years ago, the rhythm half of a band lived in the apartment next door. They'd frequently come home at 3am and start jamming for a few minutes, just long enough to wake me up, and then they'd go to bed... only to wake up at 9am the next morning and start practicing again. And if it wasn't the bass and drums, it was one of them hitting the heavy bag they hung up in there. I was so happy when those bastards moved out.

10. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

Really loud crickets, seriously they must have a speaker or three hidden in the bushes outside my window. I live in the sticks so maybe it could be there bigger than city crickets, have to sleep with my window closed or I get zero sleep. Fragging insects:banghead: 

Also do the jerk awake when I'm almost asleep though I have epliepsy so it could be tied to that; it's so violent that it's spooked my boyfriend. No I didn't fall out of bed just my body being a pain in the ass.

*listens* damn crickets!

11. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate when I'm trying to fall asleep and someone wants to start up a conversation. And most of the time pretend like they don't see you drifting off and waking up.

The jerking awake is funny sometimes especially when you see someone else do it.

12. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Hells yes!

I get the sensation I've just fallen off a cliff and I just jerk awake.

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. Sometimes I could swear I had just bounced.

14. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Been there done that. I always attributed that to the body falling asleep before ones brain. Still always freaks me out. Sometimes it happens several times to me in a matter of minutes.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The 'jerking awake' thing is something that's happened to me many times over. Despite receiving a medical education, nothing I've learned has helped me explain this phenomenon.

16. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I blame 'dem immigrants.

First they stole our jobs, then they give us Swine Flu, now they're invading our dreams.

17. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OMG me too! That's seriously messed up and annoying shit. Thanks for nothing, stupid body :banghead: 

18. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i hate it when i get to bed after being sooo damn tried, i lie down, relax, start to drift off, then i realise i really really badly need to pee.

19. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

That's how I usually wake up from a dream that ends with me falling.

Our dogs are good at barking, just as I'm starting to nod off. Often quieting down just long enough for me to start to nod off again, then more barking.

The really annoying one, is just as I'm on the edge of sleep, I'll have what I can only consider to be an audio dream that's so loud it wakes me up. My own brain is out to get me.

And sometimes, it's just an idot going past with a fart pipe on his beat to death four banger that he insists upon revving far too high to be good for an engine that sounds that bad.

20. shortround

shortround Banned

well i have this tall grass around my bed room window plus thers a bush ther to and the f**king crickets like sams bee has so im just going to set the bush on fire and watch them burn muhahahaha