You don't need Advice; Lady friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Jul 31, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

You probably don't need advice from here.​

Even though it should go without saying, the general population of people always have problems with significant others, more commonly though the male gender having issues in trying to obtain a girlfriend, keep said girlfriend, or find out if said girlfriend is having an affair with Mayor McCheese.

This being said, there is a website dedicated to little plastic men that we the fans enjoy so much, and the various media outlets that encompass these little plastic men, giving it a lore.

However, there is a problem. We all have become a wee bit comfortable with each other to the point where people say all kinds of personal shit.

Albeit, i'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't do the same thing before here. Clearly not the case I am trying to get at, no. More so the issue is that of "Relationship Advice.", and the excessive need to see if anyone can give some of "help", from people that might be in the same situation they have been, based on having similarities in a subject such as little plastic men.

Now, this isn't to say that it is the apocalypse, and your thread about how you want to show your special someone that you like them, without going and talking to them. (How?) is going to give someone gonherpasiphilaids* but, it does seem that it would be... Out of place? Which makes me just think and agree with Optimus Sledge, and well... "Stick it up her pooper." Just because a very broad term, and almost feels like a Tl;Dr of relationship threads, as they oddly enough are such a commonly occurring subject matter.

Though there are some people who do give legitimate answers to said inquiries it doesn't change that, there is just Wrong Place;Wrong Time. I feel that if they have a legit problem, they should take it to some sort of Relationship guru/ Yahoo Answers, as I feel on sites that are more so dedicated to not robots, and poopers. Would just be more appropriate for advice on that manner, as there would possibly even be a staff dedicated to answering your problems and giving you a more focused result.

So, what do you think would be a solution to relationship threads? Possibly an all encompassing sticky thread? Possibly... Hm. Or even just a general advice thread? Who knows. What are your thoughts ya'll?

Tl;DR

D00dz y u no use relationshit websyte. Dis be tranzformah websyte. U cray zee. U very cray zee. me stupid hypocrit. Dooooodz. What u think?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Counterpoint: Schadenfreude.

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    ...people feel more comfortable discussing their problems with people they're familiar with? ...and in a way, isn't that better than trying to integrate yourself into a new community full of strangers just to dump your relationship woes on them, and get them picked over and scrutinized by people who don't know you from Sunday?

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    New forum: /schadenfreude/

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    People need to figure shit out on their own.

6. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    While I find the threads amusing and I try to give advice that would really work, I find that any advice given generally fails. Not because the advice is bad, but because the advice cannot be followed by the individual.

With any of these types of issues, it is easy to say, "ignore them, and they will come crawling back", but what the person really wants to hear is, "call them night and day, and you know what, guaranteed she will fall in love with you." So those threads can be a little useless sometimes from that front.

However, there is something that your missing on your end. This is the off topic section of this site. So things like this can be talked about.

Also, TF collecting could be a bit sensitive, especially in the relationship world. I for one most likely would not have a TF collection if I was single looking for snatch. So advice from fellow collectors on how to get the tang could be of some use for certain people.

Threads are like TV. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Yes, there will be more threads with those topics, same as there will be more damn reality TV shows, but luckily enough there are 1000s of other threads to follow.

May I recommend my thread on finally finishing my deck?

7. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Counterpoint: People can dump their problems here semi-anonymously and get a wide range of advice and opinions from people who they will statistically not have to deal with in everyday life, no matter how badly people's opinions of them are affected. Also some people don't have people they're comfortable gushing about their girl issues to. Also, attention on the internet.

8. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

mom:"oh no, sweetie don't stick that fork in there-"
    dad:"wait, wait, honey don't tell him that.
    well, go ahead son, keep doing what you were doing."
    kid sticks a fork in the outlet. BZZZT
    Dad:"there. now you'll never do that again, will ya?"

9. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    But what if I like watching train wrecks in slow-mo?

10. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always laugh at people coming here for advise on love, but then again, they probably think we're all of a like mind since we have some of the same interests (entitled man-child toys).

Then again, most relationship advise threads can be ended by the simple phrase:
    "Just stick it in her pooper."

11. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    You don't JUST stick it in her pooper. Get with the program.

12. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Wait...are you implying that ^^^ isn't good advice? :D 

13. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

As a girl... I really hate the phrase "stick it in her pooper." Do you people have any idea how much that hurts?! Before you even think about suggesting this maybe you should try it for yourself. What's that? You don't want to? Then why would you think us girl would want to?

Anyway.

Like it was said, people feel comfortable here. This is essentially a community. Some of us have the usual people we talk to and the like. Also, there are collectors here who have married women or there are women collectors here. Sometimes hearing the perspective or how things worked for them helps.

I don't mind the threads. If you mind them why not, oh, I dunno, ignore the thread? ISn't that easier then bitching about it?

14. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:

My ex-enjoyed it.

Why not ignore this one? :D 

15. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My bad. I never read "Pooper-Sticking for Dummies".

16. Eigo Risu

Eigo Risu Less than meets the eye

Ebay:
    Pfft, sometimes people just need to vent, or have a conversation just to say it out loud so they can decide for themselves what to do about a situation. and its easier to do that on, say, the general section of a forum you're already a part of, then signing up with some random new relationship website you'll never go back to. honestly I find OP's post far more troubling than any of the posts he/she is criticizing. if you don't like a post, don't answer it. simple as.

17. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

18. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure we have a forever alone/dating advice megathread, so I don't see why we can't keep all our issues in there. The content threads doesn't bother me one bit though, I kinda like reading that stuff.

19. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

What GFH said. There already is a catch all thread for this yet people start their own threads anyway. So obviously that didn't work as well intentioned as it was.

And what others said, that it's easier to get advice from the community your familiar with than complete strangers. Sort of a better the devil you know. And sometimes it does help to just vent/hear things outloud or on screen to help figure it out.

20. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Exit only

Kthxbai