you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family , or can you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

as the saying goes a person can pick their freinds, but they can't pick their family

so just how exactly does any of that apply to a person who has gone through with disowning a relative, relatives ,one side of their parents families or for that matter the entirety of ones parents families or parents for that matter?

hell i permanently disowned my dads side of the family because they happen to be a bunch of homophobic biggots

i figure i got all of 3 relatives left on his side when it comes to my dad my aunt and uncle on his side of the family

as for my moms side of the family short of herself i went and disowned her entire side of the family and so far as i am concerned nothing short of the death of a immediate family realtive will be a good enough reason to make me want to associate with or otherwise recognize their relatives as being family period

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, they're still your family unless toy have some legal document saying they're not. OTOH, nothing forces you to associate with them, so have at it.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    tis sad to me that your on such bad terms with your family I hope you can get back together with them in the future

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can can distance yourself from them all you want and disavow their existence, but they are still related to you.

You can pick your nose as well, but it is not advised... unless in the privacy of your own home and by yourself..

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

we
    are
    fam-il-ly

i got all my sisters with me

we
    are fam-il-ly
    come on everybody sing!

6. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    It's kind of like that with my wife's parents, her mom was never the "mothering" type and treated my wife like Sh!t most of her life. At first things weren't too bad, but her mom is a greedy selfish bitch and her father is nice but spineless. We haven't seen them for over 2 years now. It happens to a lot of people in some form, sometimes its just not worth worrying about.

7. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because of what my biological father did when I was 2 and my sis was a couple months old, we've never met him or his family. That's the way it's been for more than 20 years, and that's the way I aim to keep it. All you have to do is pretend that part of your family is dead, works for me.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

How does that make you feel?

9. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    You know, I never got the whole "Disowning" Gig. You can reufse to acknowledge someone as your family member all you like, but at the end of the day they're still bound to you by Blood (and paperwork) and not even death could erase that factor. It just makes it easier to say they weren't related to you as they aren't around to say otherwise.

That aside, its sucks to hear you've got such a lousy family, dude. :( 

10. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

it aint no sweat off my back witwicky the way i see it its dads side of the family that chooses to hate me for what i am when it comes to the fact that i'm gay

they see me as being a hellbound sinner type due to their judging me solely by the fact that i refuse to share their ignorent,antiquated, oppressive beliefs on the matter

me, i don't see it as being my place to judge another in life but if i must judge that person i at the very least try to judge that person in a honest and just manner by their words, their deeds their morale character in giving that person at the very least the chance to proove me wrong about their person, i actually try to understand why that person is in their own way differant from myself instead of choosing to judge that person prematurely

i choose to agree to disagree with dads side of the family on the matter and they for their own reasons refuse to do so in a civil and respactable manner so to hell with them

what shocked me is that it was my dad who was the one willing to back me up on the matter when i came out of the closet and told him i'm gay

as it turns out him and my mom got divorced when i was 3 maybe all of 4 years old at the time it happened with the 2 being imbittered divorcees for a time

as it turned out though over the years they actually managed to be their for one another in their own way as divorcee love hate relationships go

for a good example on that one think esther anderson and fred sanfod from sanford and son or stan and dorothy's character from the golden girls

more often the not though it would be dad getting verbally tag teamed by mom and her sister

i was 11 years old by the time i finally managed to figure out the punch line on the whole matter and more often then not i would laugh so hard i'd be crying.

hey jamspeed i can relate to you on the whole likable but spineless relative bit, my dad happens to be that way with his side of the family

it doesn't matter to him in the slightest what his side of the family has to say about him face to face but if he catches anyone ofthem talking trash about me to my person he'll give im a right hook to the face for it

as for why i'm on the outs with moms side of the family it has to do with the fact that i happen to be a zoophile albut a nonsexually active one

what i mean by that is that while i have at times found myself having the occaisonal relationship with a canine that would at times evolve entirely on its own beyond mere freindship/family companionship to being one of a more, how shall i say this personal degree, i would instead use lucid dreaming as a way to explore that aspect of the relationship while asleep and dreaming with out actually exploring that part of the relationship in real life with a positive side effect of that lucid dreaming being that in it's own way it would actually strengthen the bond between my person and the canine theirself

i just happen to take more after canines then people, always have at that

i just find that i can understand them more easily then people and that i can more thoroughly relate to them over people in general.

i've grown up around canines my entire life and happen to have a thorough understanding of canines psychologically speaking to the point that the canine mindset in general is second nature to me

at the age of 12 and up i found myself raising a malamute pup by the name of bandit with my parents help with bandit and myself being so close to one another on a personel level as i grew up over the years to the the point that at timese my parents would at times refer to him as being their for me as a overprotective older brother of sorts to my person at the time.

as for moms side of the family they see me as being a person prone to temptation even though i would never willingly take the final step on this matter as it were

just my thoughts on the matter people but when it comes to a matter of a taboo nature like this one as i have come to understand the amtter for myself

it's not so much the fact that the person in question has explored said matter from a personel viewpoint that is the crime itself as it is how the person chooses to explore said matter in question

that is to say that depending on the matter in question at times it is entirely possible to explore said matter in a thoroughly legal and otherwise harmless manner

case in point being my using lucid dreaming as a way to explore in a harmelss manner the zoophile relationship that i at times find myself in with a canine without actually exploring that aspect of the relationship in real life.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The harder the childhood, the stronger the man you become I guess.

Im pretty lucky, had 2 wonderful parents so I can't really relate or complain.

One of my gf's brother's is gay and her dad kicked him out, thought it was harsh and pretty much wrecked my good judgements about him. Some people are just stubborn in their old fashion ways I guess.
    On one hand you want them to open up more and accept things the way they are, on the other hand you can't blame them for sticking with their own morals & beliefs.

12. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Someone raising an eyebrow at you checking out a dog's ass doesn't make them a "biggot". That's fucked up,son.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Even such a legal document can't override a blood relationship but like you said you don't have to associate with family if you don't want to

14. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm sorry, but this jumped out at me. Or rather, one could say it leapt at me, much like a dangerous dog or wolf might. Are you trying to tell us that you like to fantasize--or "lucid dream"--about having sex with dogs?

If so, I can understand why you might bump heads with your family, but I am glad to hear that you've presumably (please, please tell me I'm right, or ze goggles, they will be worthless) never actually acted on your desires.

15. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If I were in the same position, yeah, I'd avoid them too, GENO. Thankfully the world is becoming a bit more open minded about homosexuality... at least we live in an age where they aren't dragging you to an insane asylum to get you lobotomized or something equally stupid.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Let's just say I'm happy both my parents are gone. Harsh words, you might think, but you might understand why if I told you what I had to endure. It's a long and sordid tale, though, and I won't talk about it unless you want to listen. No love lost between my wife and her folks, either; they're totally estranged. Mostly because she married me, but thereby hangs another tangled skein.

BTW: Zoophilia's only hot when the human participants are female. :D ream:

17. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

TMI yo. T. M. I.

18. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

Because of what my dad did to me as a kid and the fact he tried to kill me when I came out 10 years ago I refuse to have much to do with him or my mom(she chased me around the house with a butcher knife one time).

Yeah the more distance I can keep the better, good luck Geno.

19. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Why did you feel the need to tell your family, and then thirty thousand strangers here, about your fantasy explorations of beastiality? Most people will think you're fantasizing about sexually abusing animals, and react with disgust...not to mention wonder if you'll act on any possible attractions to their animals, and possibly take steps to protect them.

Its not the same as homosexuality because THAT is between two humans who can fully communicate and thus consent without any possible doubt.

--Moony

20. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

srsly? tmi! Some of us might wonder if you're Triple M's neighbor or something (just kidding, don't kill me TVT ) There's a time and a place for these sorta things, please think before posting confessions.

but one's sexuality, and a persons opinion on the matter professionally or otherwise are not of my concern. It's all perspective and such, personally I don't see anything wrong with it unless you start hitting on me. I think a person should be happy with who they are, or at least a little more accepting with where they come from and such. The world could go a long way with a little more acceptance :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.