You can call me Lockdown!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

But you won't be calling me anything if I don't get that Hall of Fame position.

Yes, I already have a support thread but that was more of a fun joke thread, this is serious.

Lockdown first appeared in the Transformers Animated episode "The Thrill of the Hunt" and went on to star in "A Fistful of Energon" and "Five Servos of Doom". He was introduced as the demon from Ratchet's past that had broken his right head piece and taken his EMP generator. In the later episodes he worked with Prowl and later with Sentinel Prime. It was then that he was revealed to have killed Master Yoketron and taken the protoforms he was guarding.

Lockdown was unique among a few existing Transformers bounty hunters in the fact that he was paid in upgrades for his body and ship, whilst further growing in power by taking his prisoner's personal modifications. By now, Lockdown's original look is a mystery after the amount of modifications he has done to his own chassis.

Lockdown was only in three episodes of Animated, but the success of the character pushed Hasbro to give him a G1 incarnation and another figure in the ROTF line (which I sadly never purchased :( ). He also had three different figures in the Animated line, one for each episode.

So let's have at it! Vote for Lockdown, the legendary bounty hunter!

2. Ironhide1706

Come on everyone!

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You should mention IDW Lockdown.

IIRC, Lockdown was one of the first characters designed for what would become Animated, back when it was still "Transformers Heroes", and I think the movieverse figure may actually be based on this design.

4. Ironhide1706

Thanks Aeranoth and that's a pretty nice tidbit. :) 

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Rethink your heroes TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully next year will be Lockdown's year. He's my all-time favorite Decepticon character and I hope to see him in future media/toy form (TF Prime Lockdown!). The fact that he got a Bot Shots toy proves that his popularity endures.
    This year's looking like Swindle's year, though, or Wheeljack, so I'll wait till next year to support the Lockdown campaign. :D 

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ROTF Lockdown is probably my favorite deluxe, or at least one of em. :) 

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Lockdown is also a character from a new series who's completely original, instead of being based on a previous character, who has managed to endure into further incarnations. I think in the last 5-8 years, the number of characters like that can be counted on one hand, and it's something that I feel is very important to the future of the brand.

I think things will only stagnate for the brand if all we get are constant rehashings of the same cast from 1984-1986 (Update for Minerva. Please.), but characters like Lockdown give me hope we'll see true change in the Transformers for years to come.

8. Ironhide1706

Exactly, all due respect to the other nominees, they are all at least a decade old and haven't been used to much recently apart from Wheeljack. Lockdown is one of the few original characters in years and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame for that alone.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Lockdown - Bounty Hunter. Oh so he must be the Boba Fett of Transformers. Hell no. He's not a wannabe poser who dies in a pathethic manor. He's someone more like Cad Bane who is smart, resourceful and ruthless. Lockdown has caused so much crap in TFA from Hunting Down Ratchet and Arcee to killing Prowl's sensei Yoketron.

Also he's voiced by Lance Henriksen who is as badass as the bot he voices.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Lockdown would be a good choice.

11. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Eeeeeeeeh, choosing between Lockdown and Swindle would be really damn hard. They both fucking rule. :(