Customs: You bought a figure for a certain part. What to do with the rest?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SHINOBI03, Feb 27, 2012.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Like what it says on the title. You buy a whole figure in order to get a certain part to replace a broken one or for customizing. What do you do with the rest of it?

• Do you keep the incomplete figure that you don't need anymore and waste some space?
    • Do you throw it away and waste all that money you spent on?
    • Do you try to sell it? ((How often incomplete figures sell?!))

I ask this because I have plans to customize figures when I get them (Animated Leader Bulkhead hand swap) and because I have figures with broken parts (DOTN Deluxe Starscream) and I don't to waste my money buying whole figures for one part only.

How do you handle this situation?

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I try to sell off whatever I don't need. My current B/S/T thread is a reflection of this. I definitely don't trash anything since it's obviously wasteful, but I know that some people do that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I keep a bin (actually two large ones & a lot of random boxes) full of parts and leftover bots. I don't sell or toss them though. Since I do a lot of kitbashing/customizing, I tend to dig through them often and utilize parts (from tiny parts to entire limbs) on other 'bashes when the ideas come along. My parts always get used in some way, shape, or form. I'd suggest holding onto them, if you think you'll have other ideas down the line.

If not, post the parts you want to get rid here at TFW/Radicons to find someone that might be interested in using what you have left over. For a fair price, you could rid yourself of extra parts, if you don't need them. I definitely wouldn't toss them out though. I see far too often when people toss the random parts or bots, only to post threads searching for the same or similar parts later on. If you're in this hobby to stay and enjoy it, odds are, you'll need those parts at some point.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This!

I recently bought some cheap DotM Bumblebees for the gun, but ended up repainting the Bees :) 

5. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sell it. Sell it here. I'll buy almost anything.