You be the judge & jury - did I pay too much for a complete, loose G1 Bludgeon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by flywheels, Mar 6, 2006.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I bought a G1 Bludgeon w/ backing card for $25 from an old on-line TF site years ago, but sold him before I got real serious about collecting toys. Fastforward to today and Bludgeon seems to be one of the most popular Pretenders, just ranking behind Thunderwing. He doesn't seem to appear that often for sale, or at least complete anyways. I purchased one this morning on eBay for $65 via a Buy It Now price. That's more than I generally would pay for a loose Pretender, but again I haven't seen many complete ones of late anywhere on the 'net.

So, with you guys being the judge and jury - am I guilty of overpaying?

http://www.qksrv.net/click-1645815-5463217?loc=http://cgi.ebay.com/G1-Transformers-Pretender-BLUDGEON-100-COMPLETE-Gen-1_W0QQitemZ6041665442QQcategoryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    who cares if u overpaid. after reading titan TPBKs with the mayhem squad, i want one :( 

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I would say Bludgeon goes for around $60.00 to $85.00 easily. So you got a good deal. I got lucky and found one complete with tech and all at a local comic book shop for $30.00.

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depends how 'Minor' the paint wear is. However, for one with just about no paint wear, $65 is proabably a decent price. The paint on Pretender shells don't take much abuse.

5. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    I think $65 is pretty much the standard price, so no.

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know the market for the figure, but that seller doesn't usually have fantastic deals. I defer the others though.

7. Sunstreaker

Sunstreaker Partyin Like it's 1984

Ebay:
    Bludgeon is a $65 buy, easy. The paint under the chin seems to be pretty worn; but getting him with all his accessories is no small feat. I'd say that you're right on the money! Congrats!

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering I don't like the pretenders i would not pay that much for one. $15 to $20 is what i'd pay..

9. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I got Bludgeon waaaay cheap a few years ago when I just happened to be checking Ebay and loaded the most recently listed auctions first. There was Bludgeon with a BIN of $20. I didn't even look that closely, I just bought him inside of like 20 seconds.
    Turns out he didn't have the correct large gun (I later figured out it was Horri-Bull's). Not a big deal...he looks better holding a Predacon sword anyway...until a couple of years later and Bludgeon's large gun is up for auction by itself, a rare occasion indeed. I was prepared to pay through the nose for that thing when it came down to the wire. But, it never got above the opening bid of $2. :D 

I'm not big on Pretenders either, but reading #60-80 of the Marvel run well after they were current but before Teh Internets, convinced me to pick up Octopunch, Stranglehold, Bludgeon and Thunderwing once Ebay came along and made it easy.
    I stopped short of picking up the '89 Autobot Pretenders. They were really only featured in one issue, whereas the 4 'Con ones were featured heavily in that run.

10. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I recently paid $70 for a complete Bludgeon. I had one already with a shell that was in great shape, but the inner robot was missing the turret and turret gun. Sold the old one for $30 I think, which took a bite out of spending so much on the complete Bludgeon.

He's been one of my 'holy grails' for years now, so yes, it was worth it.

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I saw a photoshoot of Bludgeon somewhere on-line this morning where he was wielding Weirdwolf's sword...now I want an extra Weirdwolf tail sword for Bludgeon!

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    oh forgot to be judge and jury...

Innocent... Now feed him to the sharkticons.

13. TSFC

TSFC Banned

1.) If you have to ask, you'll never know. (Childish? Perhaps, but it makes sense.)

2.) If you're happy to own it, and like the fact that you finally got it...does it really matter if it was overcharged, undercharged, etc?

3.) I think you got a damn good deal on a rare figure. (Heck, he's complete too! Comes with the turret. NOTE: It's TURRET, not turreNt people...TURRET...)