Yoshi's Island DS

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Fairy Princess, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Picked this up with Final Fantasy III DS today will check them out on the bus ride home.

Anyone else get it today?

2. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Let us know what you think of it. Looks like a fun little game.

3. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i pre ordered it for my girlfriend... hopefully it means she'll leave me alone to play xbox.

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Well as soon as I get out of this hellish map on Advanced Wars I'll pop it in, or should I throw in FFIII first?

5. gil

gil Godmaster

Dosn't it suck when you want to play more than one game at a time? I'm trying to decide what I want to play more, FFX, Guitar Hero 2, Elite Beat, or more Pokemon Emerald/and the rest. On top of that, I'm supposed to pick up FF3 today.

About Yoshi's Island, I'll pick it up for my girlfriend once she get's bored with Elite Beat Agents. That is, unless you say it sucks.

6. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

It's Yoshi's Island, it's not going to suck. How is Elite BEat Agents? I was thinking of getting that for Bicat.

7. funkatron101

Ebay:
    I would try Yoshi Island first, it is easier to commit to and have a general feel of how fun the game is.

Plus, while FF III is all pretty now, it is essentially the same story most of us have already played.

I'm for sure getting FF III, not so sure on Yoshi Island.

8. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

It's definateley fun. It's basically the old game (level 1-1 is the same level as before) but with modifications to take into account the new baby's and the baby specific powers. So yes it's a definite buy.

Baby Mario and Baby peach are who you find first.

Later apparently you get Wario, Donkey Kong and Bowser.

9. gil

gil Godmaster

I suck at elite beat agents, so I can't say if it's good or not, because it pisses me off easily.

10. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Well the second level is totally new at least. I was afraid it was a straight remake for a minute.

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If someone had let me try EBA before I considered a DS, I'd have bought one JUST FOR THE GAME.

It's frigging AWESOME. I'll do up a gushy OP for it in a seperate thread tonight, but off the top of my head.

**EBA SPOILERS**

2+ hours of trying to beat Jumpin' Jack Flash with Agent Chieftan (Hard difficulty) almost had me pumping my fist along with the population of the globe during the final cutscene break. And then I beat the PSYCHOTIC final part on my first go, likely because my soul had entered the game and I became one with the EBA.

**EBA SPOILERS END**

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i guess i'm not part of the most seeing i haven't played this one yet.

and like my bro gil....i have to see which i want the most: FFXII, EBA, FFIII, FFV, or this (the Wii and Zelda is a must). Too much games, not enough money.

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Maybe this is already what you meant, but this is a remake of Final Fantasy III (J) not Final Fantasy III (US) (which was Final Fantasy 6 in Japan). Although some of us certainly have, I'm not so sure most of us have played fan translation hacks of Japanese Famicom games. Also, the gameplay is revamped as well, and gameplay trumps story. Always.

But yeah, I'd play Yoshi's Island 2 first anyway.

14. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Despite being the wrong topic (There is a FFIII topic already)

I have to say i have played a "Fansubbed" NES Emulated version of FFIII and the DS version is WAY better. not to mention being able to use the stylus to move, open chest, input battle commands completely rocks!

15. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I'm doing that now. I'm cycling between Age of Empires, Trauma Center, and Children of Mana on my DS. I tend to keep my unbeaten game in a pocket. When I pull out the DS (If I'm not in the middle of a mission), I insert a randomly picked game. This way I dont have to worry about beating it in a week, and it helps for when frustration sets in. Considering how much I want to toss Trauma center out the window, now and then, this is a good thing.

16. funkatron101

Ebay:

My nerd FF fanboy side kicked in and after I posted it I realized that not everyone downloads translation hacks of old, foreign games. Haha. That being said, I just played the DS remake, and it feels like a completely different game.

Sorry to derail the thread FP. Truth be told, I've never played a Yoshi Island game before, but I am realizing more and more that I want pick up and play games for my ds without having to commit much. So this game seems like a good fit.

17. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

You never played Super Mario World 2? Well go get the GBA version NOW and then the DS Sequel. You WILL be pleasantly suprised.