Y'know, despite being shoddily-animated.. the ending to Beast Machines...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jetstorm, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

was actually really good! I mean, the Maximals FINALLY defeated Megatron, who had been nothing but trouble from Beast Wars episode 1.

Everytime I watch it it makes me wish we had Transtech instead of Armada, I would've really liked that story to continue.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only notably "shoddy" bit was the animation of all the freed robots running over the hill (conveniently all looking alike and very simple, and running in synchronized little groups). To be fair though, I'd assume the Mainframe animators got the the last page of the script and said "You know we already used up most of the budget on the big fight, right?" :) 

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I've been re-watching the series. In 5 episodes I'll relive the ending. Counting down...

BTW, damn this is a great series, even if BM got a little crazy.

4. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I LOVE Beast Machines, and for an ending of a "kids show", it's different to be sure.

5. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

i still don't care for the "garden of eden" look, what with a blue sky and all, but it was a decent ending for what we had so far.

6. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the BW/BM era, I would record them and my little bro would come over and watch them with me, while eating mass quantities of junk food, ah good times!

7. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i liked the ending. jsut wish it wasnt so green too. If transtech took off, i am sure we would be seeing alot of plants on cybertron right now.

8. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

I never really understood all the BM hate. I thought it was a very natural evolution for the series and the G1 Universe. Yeah, there were a few issues along the way but it was solid and I loved the ending. It made absolute sense to me not to mention BM gave us some solid characters and a great aesthetic for the bots and their alt modes.

When I think of the stories that followed- Armada, Energon and even RiD I long for the day we return to the G1/BW/BM timeline and carry on the story. I doubt it will ever happen but all the alternate universe stuff doesn't let me feel any love for the characters or the settings they're placed in. They barely have time to develop or evolve and the sense of continuity, already somewhat tenuous even in the G1/BW/BM universe is utterly fractured and irrelevant overall.

They're called Transformers. I find it ironic that they just reboot the line every few years rather than let a single universe change and evelop over time in a continuous way.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The last episodes of Beast Machines are the greatest TF fiction ever written, as far as I'm concerned... so I agree with your statement wholeheartedly! The BM show and the RiD toys are what pulled me back to TFs after a long absence.

10. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

Don't Ask where to Download Shows - Shin

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2007
  11. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Not a fan of the fact that they turned Cybertron into a world with plants and organic life. For as long as I can remember Cybertron was cold and mechanical, then Beast Machines came in and totally ruined it for me. :( 

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Beast Machines ruled. I loved it so much I hunted the toyline to completion (quite a feat, considering well over half of it never got released here).

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I loved BM as awell, but I'm still not a huge fan of the ending. It's just me growing up with G1 and a metal cybertron thats all. Unfortunately most of the toys were pretty bad.

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

BM rocked. I loved the series. Then end was a little difficult to swallow at 1st, however I really think it was a nice ending to that series.

15. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Ah good ol BM, I remember coming and making sure I was home evey wednesday to watch it on ytv...good times. The Beast ear is still my fav and I think BM was amazing, I like how it ending I was wishing for more after it ending. My Biggest hope is that some day they do a comic mini series or something to. contuine the story

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Check the "funnies" board here for "Obsidian's Lament and other stories", if you haven't already.

17. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

Iwish they will continue the story 1 day. they were the best transformer shows we have ever gottin and now they want nothing to do withem..... stupid fans with there death thrats...

18. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

BM was kind of uh... "dark" for a kids show. But that's one thing I really enjoyed about it. The ending with the happy "Garden of Eden" thing seemed a but too... fluffy for me. Could have been more medicinal, and stuff. The bright colors and blindly yellow sun, after using a dark pallet of colors through out the series, kind of threw it off). But the story worked really well. :>

19. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why yes they are.
    You can get them online from somewhere like Amazon.com

They also have the complete series of Beast Wars as well.

However if you are asking where to obtain them without paying then I will remind you that is against the board rules and continuing to ask such things will result in a warning.

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the only way the story continues is through club comics (Wreckers) and fan comics (Obsidian's lament) with any luck at some point the latta will get picked up by IDW and turned into a properly drawn comic