Y'know, Armada Starscream is my favourite iteration of the character

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    So with the arrival of youtube on Xbox I re-watched Armada and I must say that Starscream got my intention. Having grown up with the Unicron trilogy and RiD it's nice to go back with a bit more TF experience.

What did I like?

This Starscream was the same bot who wanted to dethrone Megatron except this time he's a warrior. He goes and get's his hands dirty and isn't a coward. Near the end he went through so major development. He realised that Megatron was treating him like crap and rebelled. He stood up to him and left the Decepticons for the Autobots.

But this created conflict. Who was Starscream if not a Decepticon? When he found the answer he met his fate at Unicron's hand

Transformers armada: The Death of Starscream (HD) - YouTube

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I like Armada Starscream. He's a cool guy. Very much the Dinobot of Armada, right down to his heroic species-saving sacrifice. He's far from my favourite, but when people bash Armada they often overlook how well done he really was.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm not seeing it. I don't mean to be "that guy" but that scene does nothing for me. Plus Armada was so bad I cannot watch it.

I would counter this clip with the ending of Rock Bottom from TF Prime. That's where Starscream tries to convince Megatron that he's loyal.

But hey, everyone has their opinions and they're all right. So more power to you.

4. Shizuka

News Credits:
    Yeah the clip alone probably does nothing on it's own. You have to see all the episodes prior to it. I do agree that Rock Bottom was also good.

5. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    I agree also. I kind of wish he was like that in Prime.

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime's SS is ok but Armada's SS is the best for me.

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Armada Screamer was awesome. Honestly though, I can't think of a Starscream that wasn't great. I think I like Prime's version the best, but it's a really close call.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Armada Starscream is just one of the few things I liked about Armada. Though, Armada Starscream isn't exactly my favorite incarnation of the character.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Armada Screamer was the Unicron Trilogy's sole saving grace.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Armada Starscream is the true example of changing a charecter for the best. I love the idea that their can be a good guy Starscream, hell i like the idea of not all not Decepticons being warmongers, thugs, bullies, traitors and psychopaths.

Too Bad Energon ruined Starscream and thus is the worst show ever.

11. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I can't consider Armada Starscream to be a true incarnation of the Starscream character. He's just too different, and I can't call him my favorite version of Starscream because of that. He's probably my favorite Transformers character overall, though.

I really want to see this guy homaged. Or get a Classics release like Hot Shot (or even a repaint homage like BotCon Treadshot). He deserves it.

12. Shizuka

News Credits:
    It's just that I'm glad that they went with a different route and explored more of his character. As a matter of fact I believe a handful of characters got some characterisation, namely Hot Shot and Optimus especially near the end of the series.

Then Energon came and spat all over it. I tried re-watching that and after episode 3 I just stopped. That killed everything that Armada accomplished.

13. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada Starscream is my 3rd favourite Starscream, with Prime and G1 Screamers being first and second respectively. It's a shame he hasn't really been used or even acknowledged since the Unicron Trilogy. At the very least, I'd love a Classics toy of him.

14. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Prime Starscream has already stolen the figurative crown of my personal favourite Starscream. He plays the coward, when it suits his needs, he will get his hands dirty and season2 has a lot going for him...

Nomad Starscream :) 

15. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

Armada Starscream is actually the first time I ever saw a Starscream. (I never caught the episode where g1 'Screamer possessed Waspy when I was a kid.) So, Armada 'Screamer has had the biggest influence on how I'd write a Starscream character.

I'd give anything to see another heroic Starscream, especially since Prime and TFA perfected the traditional backstabbing portrayal. There's really no way to one-up Prime 'Screamer's backstabby-ness, so the best way to go for a future Starscream would be the Armada route, IMO.

16. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he was my favorite in the franchise, like an updated dinobot

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Armada Starscream probably had the most character in the series. I honestly felt bad that one episode where Megatron beat the living snot out of him just to humiliate him. Armada Starscream was one conflicted bot. Evil yet honorable...not a good mix for a Decepticon.

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I think I missed something and admit to not knowing anything about Prime season 2.

What does SS have going for him in season 2? Last I recall he wasn't in the best place at the end of season 1.

19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm uncomfortable with Starscream displaying genuine emotion. To me, he's the ultimate compulsive liar and backstabber who truly cares only for himself. I felt the Armada version was a massive departure for the character, and not at all definitive. Loved his toy, though. One of the best in the line.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    All we know is he's returning and in a big way. The crew's been really good at keeping the specifics of S2 under wraps, since the only other concrete things we know are the return of Wheeljack, David Kaye has a role, and Dreadwing (Tony Todd) is apparently going to be TFP's Armada Sideways.

I'd love to see TF revisit the Armada Starscream archetype, even if it's not as Starscream. He was one of the best *cough* only *cough* things about the UT.