Yikes.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotEngineer, Jul 4, 2007.

1. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

So, I was always in the "Can't wait, robots is good camp." I didn't care about the director, writers, actors, etc. I knew they were going to suck. Akward dialogue, poor acting, poor edits/music/etc. I fully expected it. I would tolerate it between Optimus's lines and the fight scenes.

I had no idea how bad this movie was going to be.

I am simply astonished at the poor character work, extraneous scenes/lines/characters, plot holes, illogical actions, forced romance, forced drama, and awful editing.

Cut out the forced love , ALL of the S7 elements, and let the movie breathe a little. I know we can't have the robot character fest I'd love, but at least let a core group of human characters say believable things. Every line megan fox or a governemnt employee said was a awful. Edit out a lot of the weak attempts at inspiring guitar music, and let us SEE the robots for a change. I can't picture Brawl below the waist.

That said, I loved it. It was worth the wait to see my robot friends duke it out again, but wow, the people behind this movie put every effort into filling it with shit.

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So for 90% of your review you state how aweful the movie is then you sum it up with the fact that you loved it. You should submit this 'review' to rottentomatoes.com. It's right up their alley.

3. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Ditto.

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe he's saying that he only liked it as a TF fan seeing TFs on the big screen, but as a movie (aside from being a TF fan), it was not well done. I don't see what's wrong with that.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are you bi-polar or something?

I loved it, but hated it, yet I loved it.

6. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

I Hate You So Much That I Love You

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Too late!
    The myriad "it was stunning" comments had already convinced me to see the film before I read this.

8. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

75% human BS / 25% Transformers

9. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

The CGI was top-notch.
    The character development was minimal.
    We got to see big giant robots beat the bolts out of each other, albeit the fight scenes were too short.

I love the movie for what it is: Our bots in all their CGI glory that we've been waiting a long time for.

I disliked the poor directorial choices (Bay's 5-second flash cuts, not enough focus on the Cybertronians themselves.)

I'm planning on seeing the movie again (and this time paying for it -- first time was a freebie/preview at the theater).
    I hope that Paramount/Dreamworks will learn from this movie and the feedback, and make better choices for the second and third installment of OUR Holy Trilogy.

PS -- as I finish typing this, 4 A-10 Warthogs in formation buzzed my house on their way inbound to Boston. What a sight!