Yikes...Alternity Megatron is fragile?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Renidragon, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I guess I should have realized this from the start... a deluxe-sized figure with a complexity of an Alternators/Binaltech figure (and then some, in some cases!) would be bound to have some parts that are slightly less sturdy.

I was transforming my Diamond Black Alternity Megs from bot to alt mode, and cracked the piece of the rear tail light on his shin that sticks out on one leg... unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't see a way around it (this is transforming him by pegging the rear wheel parts into the sides of the shins).

Point of post being twofold: 1) Be careful about those rear light pieces! 2) Are there any other parts I should look out for that might be problematic? $50 for this size toy makes it something I want to take care of.

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    That sucks. Hope you don't break it more.

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Be glad it's not the MP Megatron.

4. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

that sucks, i have a silver one and it seems to be still intact. even when i fell face first a couple of times on my desk.

5. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

I know what you mean, I nearly broke mine on the same spot too. I was casually transforming him while watching TV, and by the sound it made I was sure it was broken, but fortunatly it's still in one piece. But there's not a lot of clearance there so I'm not surprised it broke.

That's the only "dangerous" spot that I saw while fiddling with mine, the rest seems quite forgiving and sturdy enough.

6. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Same here. Tail light piece broke off. Reason: Bad transforming. I tried to rotate the shin out, which stresses the tail-light. You have to pull it out straight first, so you clear the taillight, before rotating the shin out.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Well, that's good to know that that's about the only problem part. I'll just have to be extra careful.

8. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    The instructions mention that the tail lights are fragile, I was tipped off by a Japanese reading friend.

9. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Mine is still good. I love this mold. He is fragile though. Sorry to hear this.

10. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

Drunk, tired or just regular old clumsy?

>AM<

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess it's ok because the figure isn't for kids. I still find it funny though..."Be careful he's a fragile toy especially HERE" :lol  Wonder if it actually reduced the number of complaining phone calls.

Sucks for you though, Renidragon :(  If the synchro-tech works properly on your black Megs, you are still luckier than me. Mine's defective :( 

12. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

oops that was a typo :D  i meant the figure falling face first although i admit, alcohol is one helluva way to induce such actions heh.

13. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the tail light area is definitely a weak point. I have actually seen sealed ones with the lenses rolling around inside..... Quality Control..........