Minor/Repaint: Yet another WFC Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jericho, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got bored watching 'Minority Report' so I figured I'd do a quick paint job on this guy. I'm not done yet. I still need to do his head and maybe a darker overall color on his body to bring out more details.

The first thing I did was take a nail file to his cannon, black thing on his shoulder, chest plate ('con symbol) and as many edges as I could on the legs and the red piece on his right arm. The black and red sections got a wash with the aluminum and the grey pieces were treated to gun metal. I tried to make his feet nice and dirty without going overboard. I figured if he's trampling over dead autobots he's bound to have some grime on them.

I think I might try to do the hot paper clip trick on some parts and maybe break a couple of the pieces on my next version.

I went back and fixed up his back a little. Actually did a whole 'nother round of dry brush. I added 'Chevy Engine Red' to the eyes of decepticon logo on his back, it needed it. I took a hot safety pin to his cheek, threw a little of the same red in there to give him a scar. I thought both worked.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Effects look good man! You could add some more very minor wear effects by adding chrome paint to just the corners and some edges if you wanted more game like wear and tear. Just a thought...

3. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simple and effective! Love it!

and don't ever loose that camera!

4. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    That in itself is awesome! Now I don't feel so weird. ALL THE TIME my wife and I are watching movies and if I don't get up and at least fiddle with a TF (let alone start a customizing project) I will literally fall asleep... so by the end of any given film I'm usually sitting there watching it AND fiddling/customizing a TF :lol 

5. Jericho

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone.

An no, I will not lose this camera :) 

6. Jericho

News Credits:
    two new pics....