Heavy/Scratch: (Yet Another)Titans Return Doublecross hand mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Brunkion76, May 19, 2017.

1. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

UPDATE: Due to Photobucket squashing third party hosting, I had to attach pics for each step and post them at the bottom of the page. Just follow the numbering and you should be just fine. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Good Evening friends, i'm throwing my hat in the ring with my version of TR Doublecross' hand mod. This one is going to be a little more advanced, but i've provided enough pics and step by step (I think lol) that even someone new to modification of their TF's should be able to accomplish. Allow yourself about an hour for this. So, here we go....

What you're going to need. These are essential tools most of us here in the Radicons most likely have already, but if not, here's the rundown..

2 Doublecross figures

A dremel, very indispensable tool and an attachment for just about any mod job
    ATTACHMENT #2

A small drill bit set (1/16, 3/32, 7/64, 1/8)
    #11 Exacto Blade
    Pen Vise
    8 mm piece of styrene tubing
    Exacto saw
    1/4 Pin Punch
    Flush cut pliers
    A hammer
    Junky roll of tape
    ATTACHMENT #23
    Poly unit start set #1 (2 ea) they are the pieces in the bottom right corner of the set, here's a link to it from Hobby Link Japan (it's for Gundams)
    Poly Unit Start Set #1 (Renewal)
    ATTACHMENT #4

STEP 1) Dyke off the both wrists with the flush cut pliers on figure 1 head and all and cut away the wrist plastic, you should end up with something like this...
    ATTACHMENT #5

STEP 2) Dyke off the head and lower jaw on both wrists of figure 2 leaving the wrist connector. You should have something like this when done.
    ATTACHMENT #6

STEP 3) Get your Gundam piece and your 8 mm styrene tube. You will have to cut the Gundam piece to fit in between the jaw on your Doublecross head with your Exacto blade. Carefully hollow out the Gundam piece with a 1/8 drill bit until your styrene tube piece fits in it and cut to fit. Once the styrene tube is in the Gundam piece and you have them cut to fit, carefully hollow out the styrene with a 1/16 drill bit so that you can push the head pins into it.
    ATTACHMENT #7

STEP 4) Here's where you use the hammer, pin punch and junk roll of tape. I put the Gundam piece in place and with the jaws spread open I gently but firmly tap the pin into the Gundam connector on both sides. Here's what this will look like.
    ATTACHMENT #8

STEP 5) Take the arm pieces and carefully (and as straight as you can) cut the wrist like in the picture with your exacto saw. The reason for this is for clearance and stability when inserting the head into the arms when the mod is done.
    ATTACHMENT #9

Here's what you should have when done
    ATTACHMENT #10

STEP 6) Next, take the pen vise and use the 1/16 drill bit to drill a hole all the way through the to the first section of the arm. Use the natural lie of that section to carefully line up your insertion hole.
    ATTACHMENTS #11 and #12

STEP 7) I then use the dremel with a 3/32 drill bit to make the hole in the arm big enough for the post from the Gundam piece to insert into the arm. Have a 7/64 drill bit handy in case the hole is still a little too tight. I can't explain why, but one arm was good with the 3/32 bit and the other needed the 7/64 bit.
    Here's what it should look like, don't overdo the drilling, just do it enough to fit the head post. To ensure a proper fit, do a few test fits. If you do overdo it, you can always use a little super glue to tighten up the hole and post later
    ATTACHMENT #13

STEP 8) Clean the arm up to your satisfaction and insert your heads into their respective arms and Viola! Nice and tight wrist rotation for your TR Doublecross!
    ATTACHMENTS #14 - #18

Hope you all found this helpful, and as always, if there are any questions please feel free to hit me up. Take care and God bless my friends!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 5:26 PM
    • Like Like x 6
  2. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

200% old school bashing 101 right here...

3. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

[​IMG]

Simply awesome!

4. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

Thx guys! I really hope this helps people out. It's such an awesome figure ruined slightly by an easily correctable design flaw.

5. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

Any way you can just directly attach your photos here without having them hosted, because they're not showing up, just something saying your account needs to be updated...?

I see this happening A LOT in threads on this site. Kind of hard to see anything if a 3rd party website won't allow it...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Deductor

Deductor Hubris Repellent

Yeah, I can't see anything

7. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

And updated, sorry for the confusion, Photobucket just stopped hosting to third party sites...like TFW2005 lol.

8. Deductor

Deductor Hubris Repellent

Awesome. Great instruction too

9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Then it just stopped being relevant to about 99% of people online. To be honest, they went downhill ages ago. I stopped using then about 10 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

What do you recommend in place of Photobucket?

11. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    That's how you get it done! Nice.

12. Tom_Servo

Ebay:
    I just meant the mod. I like the mod.

13. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    Sorry, meant it for the reply above you.

14. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    You can pop your pictures here when you use this site. For private/public online storage, use something like Dropbox. For mass public sharing, then any social media like Facebook, etc, or associated photo sites.

15. Tom_Servo

Ebay:
    Slightly off-subject, I'm on Wattpad, which is a fiction sharing site, and I had to use my Photobucket account to share photos in a story. It was a real bit of nostalgia.