Yet ANOTHER reboot thread...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Trypticon 2010, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Hear me out, what if they didn't a new TF movie in the same vain as the Pixar films? Maybe not actually get Pixar to do them, that could be far too cutesy and Disney. It would mean less time would need to be spent on making every shot realistic, and more time writing a really good story and script. They could even get away with a lot less humans, Wall-E managed to.

Maybe it wouldn't appeal to the teen boys that the movies do, but it could be really popular with families. They could still keep it fairly serious, with a few jokes here and there.

I haven't seen the new Prime series but that seems to be along the same lines, maybe a film version of that?

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    So an animated movie full CGI? I would watch it.

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'd rather have a (somewhat) serious live action reboot. TF Prime already covers that angle.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    A G-rated Transformers movie aimed at families?

No. Just no.

Still waiting for people to understand the mechanics behind a reboot.

5. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    it reminds me of what they didwith TMNT ... it was ok but it was fail in my eyes!

6. Trypticon 2010

Exactly, would be an awful lot cheaper to make then the current films and potentially they could be much more creative with it.

No a family film per say, just less of the "lubricating" and swearing of the current films.

What I'd love to see is a really creative, new and original Transformers film with a good story and a few well developed characters.

I'm not saying the Bay films are bad, I just think they could have been so much more.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Animated movies for the whole family are pretty big business. The one billion dollar world wide box office on a film like Toy Story 3 puts it up there with any of the other big earners. Plus they tend to show for longer periods because most multi-plex theaters like to a have a family option.

The problem I see is that it would be pretty hard to do a Transformers film without at least some sort of PG rating. Just hard to do Autobots vs Decepticons with some elements of fantasy violence. It would also have to be different enough from Transformers Prime so that parents didn't say my kids can watch this at home instead.

8. Trypticon 2010

But it seems like the obvious way for the films to go, especially with the money side. Another live action TF movie just seems like too much, maybe in 5 or 10 years time I guess. Hasbro won't want to wait that long.