Heavy/Scratch: Yet another Devastator, but with a twist

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ra88, May 22, 2009.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Decided to try making one for myself, but to be honest I'm getting a bit tired of all the add on parts. So my goal is to make a Devastator that only needs add on hands and head, but otherwise needs no other extra parts.

Obviously, this is just the raw setup that I'll be using, with each component still needing a lot of work:

Scavenger:
    -Steamhammer mold. Nothing much, probably just replacing the shovel for that of RiD Grimlock, and pegs on the threads to fit in the holes on the feet of Hook. That, and making attachment pegs/holes for the hand.

Mixmaster
    -Heavy Load mold. The current rear of the vehicle will become the front, with a new cab attaching to the feet (the way they're build should make that easy). I think I'll remove the wheels for new ones, even attach them to the arms. Finally I'll need to add a barrel and find a way to turn the Landfill joint into a knee, using a Energon joint.

Scrapper:
    -Nothing much here, I just need to remove the rear wheels (they're too wide) and lock in that entire section to prevent the leg flopping about. Oh, and add an Energon joint.

Hook:
    -Nothing really, except for putting some kind of peg or balljoint on the Landfill joint for Bonecrusher to attach too.

Bonecrusher:
    -Still a bit conflicted on him. I will definately need some kind of attachment joint. I'm not sure how to do him as the arm though, I might just use his lower body as the arms, and while it matches Scavenger proportion wise, it might not be bulky enough. I'm thinking of cheating and using a 7th Constructicon as the lower arm though, as you can see in the pics.

Longhaul:
    -Oh, this will be the toughest one to mod. I found Landmine to be perfect for this, but naturally he doesn't look very construction vehicle esque. I'm thinking of turning him into Long Haul though: I removed the cab, and it has enough space for Heavy Load's dumpbed(?). I'll have to make it a weapon that he can put on his back in robot mode though, and find a way to make an extra section right in front of where the bed would be, so that his robot mode and Devastator won't look ridicilous...Oh, and I need to fit Energon pegs on the bottom ends of his legs, and give him new feet. That and I need to attach a sort of cab on the arms in vehicle mode, but that should be easy to do thanks to the swivel smokestacks. Shouldn't be too hard to swap these out for a cab that can swivel up to fit over the shoulders.

Okay, that's it I think...Hopefully this will work. :) 

EDIT: Did a quick digibash to show where I am going with this.

Attached Files:

2. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like the idea can't wait to see it come along

3. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

glad to see a different take on this

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice!!...I look forward to seeing what you make of this....the lesser amount of "add on's" has my attention too :thumb 

5. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome job so far - keep us updated!

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yep, I feel the same way. Though, I'll be modifying heavily a Classics Prime for my Motormaster hehehe. I'm curious to see how you pull yours off.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very good! Can't wait to see it.

8. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I think yer on to something here. Looks good so far.

9. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    Wow, super nice. Its wonderful seeing this "Twist" taken. I really like the mid-section and arm layout. Looking forward to more...

10. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

While I love the Unicron/Primus parts that get used in other builds, it's nice to see a take where more of the combiner is made of actual characters. I'm quite interested on seeing how this all comes out.

11. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Dude, you wanna go a different route? Don't paint your Devastator! the original colors are *very* similar to RotF Devastator's. I think it'd be neat to have a G1 type Devs with the RotF colors. Then again, maybe you don't want a rainbow combiner ;) 

12. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Looks good, props for going down the fewer add-ons route; awesome as the Unicron-parts combiners are (and they are, no question), they've inadvertently become a kind of shorthand for "custom combiner" - a different approach is always cool to see. Head, hands, and ankles/feet should work nicely with the setup in the photos.

13. hyperdrive89

hyperdrive89 Autobot Seeker

Who is that yellow bot on your computer ?? may i have a link to that please ?

14. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    NICE work. i love Landmine in the middle like that, i'm assuming you'll be making a dump truck out of him? it works wonderfully.

15. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

very very excited to see the outcome wait a go .
    wish u all the best .;) 

16. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    finally! someone who doesnt use all that kibble