Minor/Repaint: Yet another Bumblebee mod...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Matrix Soul, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Following suit on coloring the guy up for more movie accuracy, but I figure why not give him a pair of hands as well?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just don't know how to do the weather effect :( 

I also added some silver and gold to my Robo-vision Optimus Prime.

[​IMG]

2. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

Very nice use of Revoltech hands, although doesn't Bumblebee only have 4 fingers on each in the movie (*takes dremel to pinky*)?

3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Did the old hands just pop out, and the RVT ones pop right in, or was there more modding to be done?

And, how do the new hands affect the transformation?

4. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    it's actually more involved.

First I removed the lone screw located in the forearm, had to pry it apart because near the door it's glued.

once apart, the fist comes out right away, I then drill a hole using my Dremel in the middle of the round part that allows the fist to rotate. The hole is big enough to accommodate the plugs from the Revoltech hands.

I then cut off the fist from the round disc part, put the disc back into the arm, screw them back together, and insert the Revoltech hands.

I have yet to transform it into car mode yet, but I think the rocket launchers definitely wouldn't fit now, unless I somehow find another place for them.

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    nice

what kind of yellow did you use on bumblebees legs? looks like it matches up pretty well to the plastic color

6. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    at first I tried the testor yellow, that didn't really stick, then I used this enamel paint that I got from walmart, seems to match up pretty well. Will look up the name when my kid's not looking, don't want him to get into the paints...

As suspected, there is no place to store his rocket launchers, but the Prime gun can actually fit underneath. It transforms fine, although I'm sure it'll take less maneuvering when I uses the fists rather than the open hand ones.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Nice job... I've been flipping my Bumblebee's legs backwards (not movie-accurate, but looked better than the way they were, in a slightly G1-ish way). I didn't think the regular legs with those giant flat feet could look decent, but the yellow paint apps really make a huge improvement on the overall look of the figure.

zmog