Minor/Repaint: Yet another ALT Trailbreaker!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by KYQ, Oct 28, 2007.

1. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Hey hey all, yes it's another Trailbreaker from Nemesis Prime. Not too original, but he was one guy I really wanted to try my hand out at making.

Nothing too new here, other than I decided to gun for more cartoon accuracy for robot mode. Thus, the black face, and the headpiece on his left 'shoulder'.
    Although perhaps in a contradictory fashion, I wanted the vehicle mode to stay realistic, so it's doubtful that I'd give him any stripes or what not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "You somehow seem...familiar..."

[​IMG]

"What we need is a FORCEFIELD!"

Many thanks to you guys, especially Kyouri, for help with tips on the leg mod. I decided to go the easier route, and just cleared the plastic blocking his knees. Also thanks to the many other Trailbreaker customs here, especially someone's idea of giving Trailbreaker Rollbar/Swindle's larger tires.

What I would like to do however, is to find a way to seal in the blue ink on his windshield. I tried glosscoat, but it made it run like mad. Any suggestions?

So with the exception of the windshield matter, and the need to give him some faction symbols, TB is about done. So yay Trailbreaker!

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Use sharpies for the windshield. They color clear plastic really well.

3. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Oops, I forgot to say that I did use sharpies to colour the windshield. I'm just afraid that it'd rub off or something, thus my wanting to know if there's a way to seal it.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When the sharpie dries, it's pretty much permanent. I used it to change the light piping on some of my TFs, such as Classics Magnus, Classics Megatron, and Best Buy Movie Megatron.

5. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Gotcha. I guess I should have more confidence in it then eh? :D  It certainly hasn't wiped off.

6. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Do you think a purple sharpie will improve the look of an alt motormaster or do you think the natural red window, which is perfectly even in appearance, is better?

I'd hate to try to improve my motormaster only to make it look worse.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    use future floor finish. its not only acrylic which means it has zero reactions with anything you coat it with, but the stuff hardens like a rock and is perfectly clear, and extremely shiny. it won't ever yellow either. I use it on metallic paints and clear parts. I used it on my Alt MM so he'd look like he was freshly waxed, and I mixed blue and red translucent paints together, and used the future to thin it out since it was too thick and dark after mixing, and that meant it was its own clearcoat.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

ooh, nice. I like seeing trailbreakers without the reprolabels kit, and instead done with paint. nice job, and I especially like the windshield tint!

9. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Lookin' good KY!

And that... thing... looks alot better on his shoulder than on his head XD.

10. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    *pokes the windshield* I dun like it when Autobots break the law - windshield tints are only legal with a prescription - and no more than 90%! D=

XP anywho.....

My only issue with this guy is the area where you cut away - it seems a bit rough. I'd say to just file/sand the area down and you'll be set.

And the visor's supposed to be blue? o.o Squee, that makes things easier on me and my Movie Trailbreaker. X3

11. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

Yeah, I've yet to file down the cut areas, but I'll get to that real real soon, I promise XD. And yeah, the visor is a clear blue, though his black face and the lighting makes that hard to make out. It is as clear as any other BT/Alt's visors.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Great work man! Keep em comin! :thumb